ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (General) to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mental4vray
Mood:
India

Tier 2 (General) to ILR

Post by mental4vray » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:12 pm

Hey,

I have heard a few people say that there is some new rule where in a person who is in UK on Tier 2 visa will not be able to get a ILR in the future. I am not sure if these are just rumours or is there any such change in rule that is going to happen?

I am in the UK since Feb 2014 and I still have some time to apply for a ILR but just wanted to make sure if I will be eligible to get a ILR once I complete 5 years.

Your inputs will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

rukmesh
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 (General) to ILR

Post by rukmesh » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:17 pm

I heard some rumours too but I do not think anything such as this is going to happen. The rule changes (if it happens) will happen for future and not back dated. So relax and wait for 4 more years.
By the way, there is no ILR for Tier 2 ICT (who got their Tier 2 ICT after 6-Apr-2010). Tier 2 General are safe and can still complete 5 years and apply for ILR

mental4vray
Mood:
India

Re: Tier 2 (General) to ILR

Post by mental4vray » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:22 pm

Good to hear that. Thanks :)