ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unique Tier2 Salary Issue..Plz help

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Aus0007
Newly Registered

Unique Tier2 Salary Issue..Plz help

Post by Aus0007 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:30 am

Hi,
I am in a bit of tricky position appreciate if anyone can provide valuable suggestions.

Basically I have a Tier 2 Visa from company - say xyz Ltd but since last few weeks I am getting paid salary from a different company Account like ABC LTD which is one of the company owned by Directors Friends .
Although I work for the same company which provided the Sponsorship and nothing has changed apart from salary getting paid from different company Account .
I am not sure why they paying the staff from different company account , I have asked them sort this out but no outcome yet, may be they have some issues or Tax arrears with existing company . So they trying to move all employees to new company ....

So Is this something which will land me in Trouble ?

So instead of getting paid from a different company Account should I ask for CASH IN HAND and do my own Tax filings , until they sort this out. Is that an Option . Because the previous company is Still Active. I can work for it all Issue is Salary getting paid from different Account. No Issue apart from that .

Or is there no issue if I get paid from different company account ? will I land in any problems , visa extension issues etc ?

Please suggest the best Option possible ?

justdopposite

Re: Unique Tier2 Salary Issue..Plz help

Post by justdopposite » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:21 am

cash in hand effectively becomes self-employment and thats not against in Tier 2 policy.

Aus0007
Newly Registered

Post by Aus0007 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:40 am

According to Tier2 policy , Can the employer pay cash in Hand ?
What at the time of Visa Extension will just submitting the payslips be enough ?
What all evidences do i need to show that I have been working for same company for which I was issued the Tier2 Visa.

justdopposite

Post by justdopposite » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:48 pm

justdopposite wrote:cash in hand effectively becomes self-employment and thats not against in Tier 2 policy.
Sorry, I meant to say self-employment is not allowed in Tier 2. I don't think a Tier 2 employer can pay cash in hand.

At the time of extension, you do not need to provide any payslips. Main evidence to give is your new COS from your current employer, which will have all salary details , end date , etc.