ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) and criminal offence

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

koolkate
Pakistan

FLR(FP) and criminal offence

Post by koolkate » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:35 pm

Me and my family have overstayed in UK for 7 years and we've applied for FLR(FP) however I was caught in a shop where I went to see a friend and HO has put 2 charges against me. First is Working illegally and second is providing false information as I was too scared and gave them my friend's name and dob. If I plead guilty to the second charge how badly will it effect my immigration case?
Thank you for your time.

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Re: criminal offence

Post by njoy1987 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:29 pm

koolkate wrote:If I plead guilty to the second charge how badly will it effect my immigration case?
Thank you for your time.
Very badly

koolkate
Pakistan

Post by koolkate » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:38 am

njoy1987 wrote:
koolkate wrote:If I plead guilty to the second charge how badly will it effect my immigration case?
Thank you for your time.
Very badly
Will it effect just me or my whole family? I have 2 children: one is under 18 and the other is over 18.

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:49 pm

Do the honorable thing and come clean with everything you will over complicate your situation if you lie or try and hide the truth. Get a good lawyer highly recommended in your case.

koolkate
Pakistan

Post by koolkate » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:38 am

njoy1987 wrote:Do the honorable thing and come clean with everything you will over complicate your situation if you lie or try and hide the truth. Get a good lawyer highly recommended in your case.
Yes but wont my case get automatically rejected if I get a criminal record if I plead guilty to giving wrong name and dob or will they decide depending on the crime? My lawyer said they will wait for this case to finish before giving an answer to my immigration application.
Should I write a letter to the judge explaining my situation? Will they just let my family stay as I am not the main applicant?
Sorry for asking too many questions but I am confused and thanks for your time, I really appreciate it.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:41 am

Your lawyer has all the facts and is in a better position to advise you.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

koolkate
Pakistan

Post by koolkate » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:38 pm

Casa wrote:Your lawyer has all the facts and is in a better position to advise you.
I know but I just want a second opinion from someone who knows or have been through this before.

koolkate
Pakistan

Flr fp

Post by koolkate » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:11 pm

Me and my family have overstayed in UK for 7 years and we've applied for FLR(FP) however I was caught in a shop where I went to see a friend and HO has put charges against me. If I am found guilty how badly will it effect my immigration case? My wife is the main applicant and I am just a dependent in the case. I have 2 children, one is over and the other is under 18.
Thank you for your time

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(FP) and criminal offence

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:00 am

I have merged your two topics.

Please keep your questions in one thread. Asking the same question again 6 months later won't change the answers. Have you spoken to to your solicitor yet?

Multiple Posting (Click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.