ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK born British Child FLR M financial requirement increase

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Aroon123

UK born British Child FLR M financial requirement increase

Post by Aroon123 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:20 pm

hello there

if my child is born in the UK and is a British Citizen Does my annual financial threshold increase from 18,600 to 22,500 to apply for FLR M application for my child's mother for a spouse visa extension?
my lawyer dealing with the case said it does increase to 22,500 but I am unsure about this
thanks for the help

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Re: UK born British Child FLR M financial requirement increa

Post by SSWSZ » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:23 pm

financial threshold never applies on person eligible for ilr or british citizenship .
ss

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:56 pm

Aroon123 wrote: my lawyer dealing with the case said it does increase to 22,500 but I am unsure about this
thanks for the help
I think that lawyer may need to be changed . Does not seems to know what he/she is doing, if he says a British Citizen child falls within the financial requirement criteria.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Aroon123

Post by Aroon123 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:19 am

Thank first for the quick reply to my question.

I guess its safe for me to say that It will be fine to apply for my wifes FLR M spouse visa extension if I am earning £19000 per year having one child with her who is British and holds a British passport.

Thanks again for clearing this up for me.

Aroon123

FLR (M) Child British Born or Not Financial Requirement

Post by Aroon123 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:03 pm

Hello Guys
My child is a British Citizen holding a British Passport.
I just spoken to the home office and they have said despite the child being British born or not they said according to the rules you need to show that you can afford to take care of this child and there for need to meet the financial requirement of £22 500
Very confused now as I was making the application for the Spouse Visa extension for my wife only and my annual salary is £19 000 only.

Please could you clarify this matter it would be very helpful.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR (M) Child British Born or Not Financial Requirement

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:39 pm

As usual (and it is common), HO have given you the incorrect information. A British child is NOT included in the financial requirement. You only need to meet the £18,600 if you are the sole FLR(M) applicant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Re: FLR (M) Child British Born or Not Financial Requirement

Post by vinny » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:10 am

Aroon123 wrote: they said according to the rules
Which rules?

As usual, CR001 is correct.
E-ECP.3.1, E-LTRP.3.1 wrote:In this paragraph "child" means a dependent child of the applicant who is-
  • (a) under the age of 18 years, or who was under the age of 18 years when they were first granted entry under this route;
  • (b) applying for entry clearance as a dependant of the applicant, or has limited leave to enter or remain in the UK;
  • (c) not a British Citizen or settled in the UK; and
  • (d) not an EEA national with a right to be admitted under the Immigration (EEA) Regulations 2006.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

emzdarlington
Newly Registered

Post by emzdarlington » Sat May 14, 2016 3:52 pm

hope your application went well. could you please share how you applied at then end. i am in a same situation.

thanx

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 14, 2016 4:18 pm

emzdarlington wrote:hope your application went well. could you please share how you applied at then end. i am in a same situation.

thanx
It would be best and less confusing if you posted your own topic with your circumstances to get advice.

The poster in this topic appears to have applied for FLR(M) extension in March 2016.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1312282
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.