ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ilr permit travelling with British passport partner .Help

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

j41sal
Newly Registered

ilr permit travelling with British passport partner .Help

Post by j41sal » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:34 pm

Hi

Have just joined and appreciate the info from this forum I have been reading today :)

me: uk british passport holder
wife: indian passport with ILR resident permit card - settlement ILR - no reference to family member etc. Also has my name included as middle name.

We have previously been to netherlands about 3 years ago and travelled with our indian marriage certificate and was issued after some hour or so of wait. They gave a 2 day visa.

Can we travel to schengen areas together without her having to get visa without waiting so long at the airports?

We plan on going somewhere in schengen area possibly greece, france, spain .....but not sure yet.. will look for last minute deals for next week. So don't have any itinerary proof of flights, hotels, etc? Is this needed with all embassys ?

Can she get a schengen visa for one country and end up not going there at all?
Would it be multi entry 6months given ?

Which embassy consulate is the fastest ?
easiest ?

thanks for reading :)