ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to get BRP after arrival to UK?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jayjolly

How to get BRP after arrival to UK?

Post by Jayjolly » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:08 am

Where and how do I get my BRP once I have arrived to the UK?

sunny007
United Kingdom

Re: How to get BRP after arrival to UK?

Post by sunny007 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:27 am

Jayjolly wrote:Where and how do I get my BRP once I have arrived to the UK?
you will get a Decision letter with your Visa , So BRP Collection is mention on that, its almost near to your POSTCode mention on your application, you can also check it through your on-line application ( if submitted ) through BRP Collection TAB.

Note: You need to collect your BRP within 10 days of Arrival in UK.
Dates are clearly mention on your decision Letter

Jayjolly

Post by Jayjolly » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:36 am

I did not receive any decision letter when I got my visa. Just my passport with UK visa I've received by courier from vfs.

Jayjolly

Post by Jayjolly » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:52 am

I got this email from BRP collection team when requesting for my BRP

Thank you for your enquiry.
We are unable to deal with this type of enquiry as it is not a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) collection issue.
You will not require a BRP. Accordingly, you should use the Entry Clearance vignette you have been issued in your passport to enter the UK and evidence of your right to be here. You will not receive a BRP.
Please do not reply to this e-mail.
Thank you
Home Office BRP Collection Team

Does T2G visa get a BRP?

sunny007
United Kingdom

Post by sunny007 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:44 am

Jayjolly wrote:I did not receive any decision letter when I got my visa. Just my passport with UK visa I've received by courier from vfs.
Whats your visa expiry date ?
if its the same date as the main application visa expiry date , then you don't need BRP.
When did you applied for your visa?

Did you applied online ? if yes then login through your online application and check that if there is a link with "BRP Collection Location " , if its appear then click on it , it will show you all the details about BRP Collection ( Note this link is only available if you have a 1 month entry visa ) .

Hope this help

Junaidrai

Post by Junaidrai » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:54 am

HI - Does that period of 10 days is on the top of 30 days visa.
In case one arrives in UK on the 30th day then does he or she have 10 days to collect the BRP?

sunny007
United Kingdom

Post by sunny007 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:04 pm

Junaidrai wrote:HI - Does that period of 10 days is on the top of 30 days visa.
In case one arrives in UK on the 30th day then does he or she have 10 days to collect the BRP?
Yes
30 days period is for entry
10 days period is for BRP Collection.

SO if you enter uk on 30th then still you have 10 days to collect your BRP.

But for ILR your first date entry is counted, so suggest you to enter UK as soon as possible after getting your visa. :)

Junaidrai

Post by Junaidrai » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:13 pm

sunny007 wrote:
Yes

But for ILR your first date entry is counted, so suggest you to enter UK as soon as possible after getting your visa. :)
Thank you very much Sunny for your response.

I wonder if you can comment on the following as well.

How early can I apply for my wife's visa (Tier 2 General Dependent)? She is planning to travel around 27th November 2015 while giving intending date of travel as 20th November 2015 on application to be on safe side. So is it ok to apply by late August 2015?

sunny007
United Kingdom

Post by sunny007 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:35 pm

How early can I apply for my wife's visa (Tier 2 General Dependent)? She is planning to travel around 27th November 2015 while giving intending date of travel as 20th November 2015 on application to be on safe side. So is it ok to apply by late August 2015?

Yes it looks fine ,
Last edited by sunny007 on Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sunny007
United Kingdom

Post by sunny007 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:36 pm

Junaidrai wrote:
sunny007 wrote:
Yes

Thank you very much Sunny for your response.

Yes it looks fine , but i would suggest you to apply at the start of November , ( may you get visa within 2 weeks so then you have to travel accordinly :) )
Last edited by sunny007 on Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Junaidrai

Post by Junaidrai » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:40 pm

sunny007 wrote:

Yes it looks fine ,
Thank you very much for your help and cooperation. Much appreciated!

Jayjolly

Post by Jayjolly » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:57 pm

sunny007 wrote:
Jayjolly wrote:I did not receive any decision letter when I got my visa. Just my passport with UK visa I've received by courier from vfs.
Whats your visa expiry date ?
if its the same date as the main application visa expiry date , then you don't need BRP.
When did you applied for your visa?
Visa expiry date 19/06/2018. It's not same date as main application. Visa was applied online on 18/05/2015

Did you applied online ? if yes then login through your online application and check that if there is a link with "BRP Collection Location " , if its appear then click on it , it will show you all the details about BRP Collection ( Note this link is only available if you have a 1 month entry visa ) .

Hope this help

dhuli
Newly Registered

Post by dhuli » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:26 am

I have applied for my Wife's dependent visa and she had received her passport with 30 day validity vignette. However she says she did not receive the decision letter regarding BRP collection. As I made the application online, I can see the collection PO on the site. We also emailed the home office that we did not receive the decision letter and are awaiting reply from them. She will be travelling to UK this weekend. I want to know is it worth directly visiting the PO to check if they can still issue the BRP without the decision letter as we have all the details with us? Prompt reply is appreciated.

Chaitanya

Petaltop

Post by Petaltop » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:50 am

dhuli wrote:I have applied for my Wife's dependent visa and she had received her passport with 30 day validity vignette. However she says she did not receive the decision letter regarding BRP collection. As I made the application online, I can see the collection PO on the site. We also emailed the home office that we did not receive the decision letter and are awaiting reply from them. She will be travelling to UK this weekend. I want to know is it worth directly visiting the PO to check if they can still issue the BRP without the decision letter as we have all the details with us? Prompt reply is appreciated.

Chaitanya
"You must bring your passport or travel document with your vignette when you collect your BRP. You should also bring your decision letter."
https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/collect

passport with your vignette is a "must" but decision letter is a "should". It's worth visiting the post office to ask.

Can she contact the vignette issuing office in her country before she travels and ask them for a copy of the missing letter?

vgal
Newly Registered

Post by vgal » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:54 pm

sunny007 wrote:
Yes

Hi everyone. I've faced the opposite today.
Our vignettes were valid since 07-dec-2015 until 06-jan-2016.
Decision letter contains information that we're granted a visa until 2018.
We entered to the UK on the 05-jan-2016.
But the post office staff hasn't given out our BRP today 08-jan-2016 (despite they did have the envelopes), saying that vignette is expired. They left some remarks on the BRP envelopes and told us that we have to contact Home Office for further explanations.

My understanding of this point was the same as sunny007 described above. The decision letter clearly says that we have 10 days since arrival. But Post Office thinks differently.

I've sent an request to BRPCollection@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk, waiting for answer.
Nevertheless, I think there is a ridiculous incompetence of the post office staff.

Will keep you infromed.

vgal
Newly Registered

Post by vgal » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:39 am

sunny007 and I were absolutely right.
I've got a response from the Home Office today:
Thank you for your enquiry regarding your leave to remain in the UK.

The visa in your passport does not reflect your leave, it is only issued to allow you to enter the UK where you can collect your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP).

Please can you revisit the Post Office & attempt to collect the BRPs

Should there be any issues with collection, please request the counter staff contact the Post Office team for clarification you can collect the BRPs

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
I'm going to the Post Office again tomorrow. I'll let you know the results.

abeer87
Newly Registered

Post by abeer87 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:11 pm

Hi all
I am in similar situation and its very stressful since I am already in uk.
I applied for tier 2 dependant visa and i received 30 day entry vignette but i didnot get the decision letter.
I entered uk and went to post office to get my BRP but it was not there.Till this time i was not aware that there should be a decision letter along with my passport. I came to know about this only after i saw the decision letter with my wife's passport who is main applicant. we both travelled from different countries to UK.
my 30 day entry vigneete is expired now and when contacted brp collection dept they said MY 30 DAYS VISA has expired which is incorrect as i had only 30 day entry clearance vignette and not VISA.
Did anybody had similar situation. what did you guys do. kindly let me know as this is very stessful.
I have mailed brp dept again explaining my situation and awaiting there reply.
If anybody else has sorted this out please let me know how did u do it.

Thanks

vgal
Newly Registered

Post by vgal » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:10 pm

vgal wrote:sunny007 and I were absolutely right.
I've got a response from the Home Office today:
Thank you for your enquiry regarding your leave to remain in the UK.

The visa in your passport does not reflect your leave, it is only issued to allow you to enter the UK where you can collect your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP).

Please can you revisit the Post Office & attempt to collect the BRPs

Should there be any issues with collection, please request the counter staff contact the Post Office team for clarification you can collect the BRPs

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
I'm going to the Post Office again tomorrow. I'll let you know the results.

We have successfully got our BRP today.
The post officer said that our previous attempt was refused by mistake.