ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General - Dependant Visa for Child Born in the UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ik1234
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tier 2 General - Dependant Visa for Child Born in the UK

Post by ik1234 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:51 pm

Hello,

I am new to this forum and I've heard great things about this forum so I'm expecting to get some really informative replies.

My Situation:
Basically me and my wife applied for a 5 year visa back in September 2014 and we had a successful application giving us grant till the beginning of 2019 (I previously had Tier 2 grant). My employer had specified maintenance for me, so I applied for me and my wife without specifying any maintenance funds. However, our child was born in November 2014 and now after recently receiving my child's passport, I have to apply for his Tier 2 dependent visa as well because we are planning to travel this September.

Application Information Page: https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/family-members

Question:
So my questions are:
  • 1. Do I have to certify maintenance for my child seperately now?
  • 2. Can I apply without showing any maintenance for my child? If not, can I ask my employer to specify maintenance for my child? The website says: "You won’t need evidence of your savings if you have a letter from your fully approved (‘A-rated’) sponsor saying they’ll provide one month’s funding of at least £630 for each of your dependants?"
  • 3. Because we previously had our visa's issued with the company providing maintenance, does that hold valid for my child's visa application as well?
  • 4. There is another scenario mentioned at the bottom of the page of the UKBA website which says: "If you have children while you’re in the UK, you can apply for permission for them to stay. You must do this if you want to travel in and out of the UK with your child. When you apply you must send a full UK birth certificate showing the names of both of your child’s parents." What does this mean?
  • 5. With the introduction of the new Immigration Health Surcharge, I have to pay that for my child's application as well and its coming out to be about £800 till the beginning of 2019 :( :( . So in total, I have to pay £1202(as I remember applying last time) + £800 = £2002 :(. In about 2.5 years, I'll be in a situation to apply for ILR. Do I have the option of applying for a 3 year visa rather than a 5 year (thats what we have)? Also is the 5 year visa fee the same as last time as they do not show the visa fees anymore until you fill the application form.
Looking forward to your replies from this amazing community.

Cheers.

ik1234
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 General - Dependant Visa for Child Born in the UK

Post by ik1234 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:51 am

Could anyone please reply to my question.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:02 pm

1. Yes.
2. No. Yes, employer letter is fine.
3. No.
4. Assuming your child was born in UK, you should have a UK birth certificate as part of the application. If the child was born outside UK, corresponding birth certificate from the home country is reqd.
5. I think you can apply for a 3 year visa. Someone else with similar experience can confirm.

ik1234
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ik1234 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:45 pm

Many thanks for your reply. Glad someone replied. Thanks for your answers. Could anyone please enlighten me upon the three year visa part? Looking forward to someone's reply.

Cheers.

harishpraveen
Newly Registered
India

Post by harishpraveen » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:55 pm

Hi,

SUB: A rated sponsor letter for maintenance of funds for my child - tier 2 general child dependant

Can you please tell me, Which one is correct, 1 or 2?

1. "Although Mr. Main applicant has adequate means and facilities for receiving his/her wife/husband in UK; in addition we confirm that "Our Company" shall be maintaining relevant funds for "Dependant" until at least the end of first month of her/his entry in UK and therefore will certify her/his maintenance."

"Although Mr. Main applicant has adequate means and facilities for receiving his/her wife/husband in UK; in addition we confirm that "Our Company" shall be maintaining a minimum of £630 for "Dependant" until at least the end of first month of her/his entry in UK and therefore will certify her/his maintenance."

Is that enough if I mention relevant funds as shown below or do I need to specify a minimum of £630. Can you please clarify