ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Test of English

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

martin54

Test of English

Post by martin54 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:30 pm

Hi everyone,
I have already applied for BC since march and i don't have approver yet but I am just wondering if the test of English submitted for my application meet the requirement. I would like you guys to help me confirm it.

I had 2 English certificates submitted for my Application which i passed from the college.

No 1. That is entry 3 in English Edexcel functional skills Qualification and awarded by Ofqual. Will that be OK for my application?

No 2. That is level 1 in English City& Guilds functional skills Qualification and awarded by Ofqual. Will that be OK for my application?

I look forward to your response...

noajthan

Re: Test of English

Post by noajthan » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:05 am

martin54 wrote:Hi everyone,
I have already applied for BC since march and i don't have approver yet but I am just wondering if the test of English submitted for my application meet the requirement. I would like you guys to help me confirm it.

I had 2 English certificates submitted for my Application which i passed from the college.

No 1. That is entry 3 in English Edexcel functional skills Qualification and awarded by Ofqual. Will that be OK for my application?

No 2. That is level 1 in English City& Guilds functional skills Qualification and awarded by Ofqual. Will that be OK for my application?

I look forward to your response...
As you mention you applied in March you have avoided any possible confusion around the transitional lists which came in in April 2015.

For naturalisation, HO require an ESOL Entry 3 certificate (= B1 level in the CEFR), or higher, that is listed on the Ofqual website.
A Level 1 certificate is higher than an Entry 3.

So if your Entry 3 or Level 1 certificates are listed as an 'ESOL qualification' on the Ofqual website then either one should be acceptable.

See http://register.ofqual.gov.uk

Good luck.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

behold2014

Re: Test of English

Post by behold2014 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:31 pm

Please help.

As i am sending my application dec5 2015.can i get my ESOL b1 done now or wait till 5nove after all changes.

Its so confusing....