ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Job On exsisting Work permit

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zoolu
Newly Registered

New Job On exsisting Work permit

Post by zoolu » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:21 pm

Hi ,

I am having a work permit for 5 years for UK and came here through a Indian company . Is there any chance that i can quit my current Job and Join a new employer here in UK .

If so wht all i need to do ?

Regards
srideep

olisun
Diamond Member

Re: New Job On exsisting Work permit

Post by olisun » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:14 pm

zoolu wrote:Hi ,

I am having a work permit for 5 years for UK and came here through a Indian company . Is there any chance that i can quit my current Job and Join a new employer here in UK .

Regards
srideep
U can't take up another job on your current WP and WP is not transferable.

Ur new employer has to apply for a new WP for you...

magsi23
Member of Standing

Re: New Job On exsisting Work permit

Post by magsi23 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:30 pm

zoolu wrote:Hi ,

Regards
srideep

You would need to ask your new employer to apply for new work permit for you, you cant work on your current WP as it is non transferable.
Magsi

Azlan

Post by Azlan » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:21 pm

It depends, if you are opting for permanent jobs then your new employer needs to sponsor work permit. If you prefer contract jobs then you can find a company which files your WP and then you will be on their payrolls and can go for contract work. Many people do this in UK.

But you cannot quit your job before you get your new WP.

ideally, you should find some one to file your WP and then quit your current job. Or take HSMP route if you qualify for HSMP.