ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Setm application, sponsor on benefit

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kallmay

Setm application, sponsor on benefit

Post by Kallmay » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:30 pm

Hello please help, my husband will apply SetM this June 2015. I am already British but unemployed due to illness. I am on benefits, PIP(disability benefit) and ESA Contribution based. Do you think there an effect in my husband's SetM application because as my husband's sponsor I am not working and using public funds? Do I need to write a letter regarding this and enclose in my husband's SetM application?

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Setm application, sponsor on benefit

Post by TODMATT » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:37 am

I assume your husband was granted 2 years previously right? and Is he working? The UKBA wants to make sure you have means to supports yourselves although there's no amount required but if your husband is working then that will give you an upper hand and If he's not working then it is difficult as they would have doubt as how both of you are going to support yourselves. Write a letter to the UKBA explaining to them you relationship is still subsisting and you are claiming some benefits due to your illness however if you are unsure then seek an advice from a solicitor or other more experienced members on here.

Goodluck
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Kallmay

Re: Setm application, sponsor on benefit

Post by Kallmay » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:50 am

Thank you so much Todmatt for your help...