ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General and ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

NANZ
Newly Registered

Changing from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General and ILR

Post by NANZ » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:57 pm

Hi,

I'm in the UK on Tier 2 ICT for the last 3 years. We arrived on 22nd April 2012. My wife's is been working on Tier 2 dependent visa. She is now getting an option to switch to Tier 2 General and I appreciate that she will need to do this from the home country.

I was going through this below article yesterday and have a few queries:
http://lifeintheuk.net/index.php/news/3 ... ed_in_2016

1. If my wife switches to Tier 2 General and I switch to Tier 2 General dependent, before we complete 5 years on Tier 2 ICT and if my wife's salary is more than the limit mentioned in this article - would we need to serve the cooling-off period when we complete 5 years in April 2017 or can we apply for ilr then.

Many thanks in advance

rukmesh
United Kingdom

Re: Changing from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General and ILR

Post by rukmesh » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:45 pm

1. Your 5 year period will start on the date when you/your wife switch to Tier 2 General. For example, if you switch tomorrow, then your 5 year anniversary will be on 24th June 2020.
2. People on Tier 2 ICT (who have applied after 6th April 2010), cannot count their time towards ILR. You cannot count Tier 2 ICT time (from 2012) towards your ILR continuous period

Good luck

NANZ
Newly Registered

Post by NANZ » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:24 pm

Thanks for the reply. So, this suggests that if we go with Tier 2 G tomorrow then we will be able to apply for ILR in 2020 (provided we meet the income criteria then) and that there won't be any cooling off required in 2017

rukmesh
United Kingdom

Post by rukmesh » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:59 pm

@nanz, I am not sure about cooling off period as am on Tier 1 G myself. Let some gurus/seniors respond.

NANZ
Newly Registered

Post by NANZ » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:41 pm

dear gurus, please are you able to advice