ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on "Previous Earnings" - Please Help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

andy2007

Query on "Previous Earnings" - Please Help

Post by andy2007 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:49 pm

I have a query on previous earnings:

I am providing the following two forms of evidence:

1. Signed / sealed salary slips
2. ITR
and
3. Bank statements

And in my case, ITR does not cover my claimed period , hence the 3rd evidence above of bank statement under special consideration.

I am not providing employer letter because the guidance document says that if ITR form does not cover your claimed period then other forms of
evidence should be provided such as bank statement / letter from employer.

Also I noted that it says you should provide "either" of the following (any one will suffice)
1. Bank statements and/or
2. Employer letter

Hence my 3rd evidence under "special considerations" as shown above is Bank statements. I am not choosing Employer letter as it is difficult to get.

All looks fine till here. Now my question:
The guidance document says under previous earnings section that "we will calculate your gross earnings before tax" and "both evidences must be
corroborative".

Now salary slips mention salary before tax and also ITR mentions earnings before tax , but in my case the ITR is not covering claimed period. So I
am going for Bank statements.

But bank statements show *only NET salary* i.e. what has been earned after tax deductions, and bank statements do not mention anything about
gross earnings (salary before tax).

Now when they compare my salary slips and bank statements for "corroborating" my *gross earnings* for the claimed period , how are the figures
shown by these two evidences (i.e. salary slips and bank statements) going to be same?
One(salary slips) shows gross AND net salary and other(bank slips) shows ONLY *net* salary?

Another question: So in above case are they going to "corroborate" my *net* salary and grant me points for the "Previous Earnings" area based on
net salary? In this case I would get lesser points as net salary will always be less than gross salary. :(

I would be very grateful if any one can shed light on my case and provide some clues to answer my questions. Thank you.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:54 pm

Do the salary slips show salary after tax as well, as UK statements do?

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

andy2007

Post by andy2007 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:32 pm

Thank you Victoria for the speedy reply.

Yes. My salary slip positively mentions salary after tax as well.

Actually my salary slip give break up of gross salary, break up of all deductions and the NET PAY which is gross minus all deduction. This NET PAY figure matches the salary deposit entry on monthly bank statements.

Actually this is why I thought one can corroborate NET pay from bank statement/salary slips, but how can gross pay be corroborated this way.

andy2007

Post by andy2007 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:56 am

Hi guys,

Please help me find answers to my queries... I plan to send my application soon...

Thanks in advance.

SSCG
Newly Registered

Post by SSCG » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:00 am

hello andy2007

i had faced the same issue while applying for HSMP.
i had no ITR for the claimed period. For the proofs i had provided the following :
1) stamped & sealed salary slips
2) bank statements
3) letter from employer.

but its pretty obvious that one's net salary (after deductions) will be less than gross salary(after deductions). so i had prepared a cover letter clearing mentioning that my total earnings for the claimed period is INR A ~ GBP B which i had calculated on the basis of my monthly gross + annual bonus, if any.
further i had tabulated the monthwise breakup clearing mentioning the gross salary & the actual take home salary after all the deductions say income tax, ePF, transport/canteen deductions if any.
Also, i had mentioned that the take home salary exactly matches with entries in the bank statements.

all this worked in my case. i got my HSMP approval in 3 days :)
hope it works for u too. all the best.

hmittal
Newly Registered

Request/Query

Post by hmittal » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:37 pm

HI

Does that mean the salary which we have to show has to be Gross salary and not after tax salary.
Ill be really greatful to anyone who can help me.
Moreover
1) I left my company so got some PF amount and other settlement before joining the other company. Does that count?

Please help.
Regards
Hemendra

gordon

Re: Request/Query

Post by gordon » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:04 pm

hmittal wrote:HI

Does that mean the salary which we have to show has to be Gross salary and not after tax salary.
Ill be really greatful to anyone who can help me.
Moreover
1) I left my company so got some PF amount and other settlement before joining the other company. Does that count?

Please help.
Regards
Hemendra
You should claim gross earnings, not net (after-tax) earnings. You can add other settlements as long as they are earnings-related (e.g. bonuses, vacation-time accruals). AG

hmittal
Newly Registered

One more Query and thanks

Post by hmittal » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:02 pm

Hi All

Thanks for helping me out.Regarding salary Question.
My query is regarding switch of company. I left one company to joi another, so there was additional
1) PF money
2) Variable pay money

which was paid to be by my previous employer, credited to my salary account. Though it does have a mention in Form 16, but I dont have salary slip for that.

Can I include that in my gross earnings to calculate points

Regards
Hemendra

purplepple

signed and sealed

Post by purplepple » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:22 am

I have read from posts by some people that they are submitting signed and sealed pay slips in their application. Why do they have to be sealed? Mine are computer-generated and were sealed when given to me. They are not sealed anymore because I have to open and read them.

rajanklm
Newly Registered

Post by rajanklm » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:52 pm

Hi, I already send initial application on Sep 06 and it reached to HO on Sep 11. My pay slip was like below. There is amout in decimal (like 10,364.61). Would you please tell is this correct or anything missing there.

This is the sample of one month only.

Pay Slip

Employee’s name : Rajan Kumar Lamichhane
Designation : System Analyst

Pay date : 23-08-06

Pay period
To : 16-08-06

Nepalese month and year : Shrawan, 2063

Salary Detail

Basic salary : 10,364.61 (=GBP 78.50)

Add
Traveling allowance : 9,867.60 (=GBP 74.73)
Dearness allowance : 9,867.60 (=GBP 74.73)
Provident fund : 1,036.40 (=GBP 7.84)

Festival allowance :

Gross salary : 31,136.21 (=GBP 235.82)

Less
Provident fund : 2,072.80 (=GBP 15.69)
Tax : 4,222.60 (=GBP 31.98)

Net paid : 24,840.81 (=GBP 188.14)

Employee’s signature For HWB Nepal Pvt.Ltd

Name : Suraj Shrestha
Designation : Account Officer

Signature :

Thanks in advance