ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and Child Benefit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

t4ure4n

ILR and Child Benefit

Post by t4ure4n » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:15 am

I am applying for ILR on the basis of spouse visa. My wife is a British citizen by birth.
I have a 2 year old daughter (British by birth) and my wife receives child benefit (£82.80 pm).

Does it effect my ILR application in anyway?
Question 8.6 Are you or your partner receiving any public funds?
page 23 of SET(M) application form version 04/2015

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR and Child Benefit

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:31 am

No, it will not affect your ILR application. Answe the question truthfully in the form and tick the relevant box for your wife claiming.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

theprideofpak

Re: ILR and Child Benefit

Post by theprideofpak » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:04 pm

Just to give you more clarity, I got ILR, applied for CB and tax credits, I was working full time at that time.
Applied for wife FLR(M), mentioned all the details of income including benefits.
Applied for wife ILR at PEO Sheffield, again, mentioned all the income details including benefits.
We had no issues whatsoever....