ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can someone help me?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AmirPR
Newly Registered

can someone help me?

Post by AmirPR » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:31 pm

Hi guys

Quick question if you don't mind.

I just passed my Life in the UK test and am applying for Naturalisation. I am 30 years old and have been living in the UK since the age of 7 (Indefinite Leave to Remain). I studied here and have my GCSE's, A levels, a Foundation Science degree from the University of Norwich and a BSc degree in Economics from the University of Surrey.

My question is regarding the English Language requirements. I understand that if you have a degree from the UK you don't need to take this test, however, I still owe some University fees that I am paying off monthly (for my BsC degree), and they won't give my certificate until that is cleared, which won't be for another couple of years, so I can't use that. Will they accept a breakdown of my results in all of my modules for the final year of my degree?

If not , can I use my Foundation Science degree? Or will I have to end up booking one of those ESOL tests? I really don't want to pay £150 if i don't have to.

I hope someone can advise me, thank you for taking the time to read.

ukswus

Re: can someone help me with English Language requirements Q

Post by ukswus » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:24 pm

AmirPR wrote:Hi guys

I just passed my Life in the UK test and am applying for Naturalisation. I am 30 years old and have been living in the UK since the age of 7 (Indefinite Leave to Remain). I studied here and have my GCSE's, A levels, a Foundation Science degree from the University of Norwich and a BSc degree in Economics from the University of Surrey.

My question is regarding the English Language requirements. I understand that if you have a degree from the UK you don't need to take this test, however, I still owe some University fees that I am paying off monthly (for my BsC degree), and they won't give my certificate until that is cleared, which won't be for another couple of years, so I can't use that. Will they accept a breakdown of my results in all of my modules for the final year of my degree?

If not , can I use my Foundation Science degree? Or will I have to end up booking one of those ESOL tests? I really don't want to pay £150 if i don't have to.

This is really risky, you may lose your 1000 fee. I would probably take the test; showing your final year grades is VERY unlikely to be enough.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:15 am

AmirPR wrote:Hi guys

The HO & AN covers this type of situation; you need to submit a suitable or transcript letter from your university:
If you are awaiting graduation or no longer have your certificate and cannot get a new one you must send either:

an original academic reference from the institution awarding the academic qualification that is on official letter headed paper and shows your name and the title of the award.

The letter should also explain when the academic qualification was, or will be awarded;
and state either the date that the certificate will be issued (if you have not yet graduated) or confirms that the institution is unable to reissue the original certificate of award;

OR
an original academic transcript that is on official letter headed paper and shows your name, the name of the academic institution, the course title and provides confirmation of the award;
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:45 am

you cannot use foundation

but you can still use your bachelors

send official transcript with a raised seal the fancy one
and explain situation in the cover letter and also stress that you are resident since childhood

just out of curiosity didnt SFE cover the fees since you are on ILR?!
**Please note, you can no longer contact me by PM because owners of this board accused me of using it to recruit clients, and disabled my ability to read and send PMs.**

AmirPR
Newly Registered

Post by AmirPR » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:03 pm

sagareva wrote:you cannot use foundation

and explain situation in the cover letter and also stress that you are resident since childhood

Hi there
Thank you for that. I'm not sure what the SFE is.. Wasn't aware of anyone willing to cover the fees, is this a new thing? Can you tell me more? I havent paid or sent off the application yet, I'm still getting my bits and pieces together, but if i can save on the fees that would be amazing.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:49 pm

AmirPR wrote:
sagareva wrote:you cannot use foundation

Hi there
Thank you for that. I'm not sure what the SFE is.. Wasn't aware of anyone willing to cover the fees, is this a new thing? Can you tell me more? I havent paid or sent off the application yet, I'm still getting my bits and pieces together, but if i can save on the fees that would be amazing.
SFE = Student Finance England

AmirPR
Newly Registered

Recently became Self Employed - What to put on form?

Post by AmirPR » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:17 am

Hi Guys

Hope your all well.

I am sending my AN1 form next week through the NCS. I have a questions thats doing my head in.

On the section where it asks for employment status, I have been unemployed for the past year or so. I have also been teaching myself web design and other skills. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I started Freelance work, basically designing websites from home.

I went ahead and registered as a freelancer with HMRC, which is basically self employed.

Now on the AN1 form it says if your self employed you need to send all your Tax returns and self employment documents etc.. Now the problem is its only been a few weeks, also i haven't even heard back from HRMC to confirm anything, so what do i do here?

Anyone know? Its really bothering me as i have my NCS appointment on the 2nd of Sept.

Thank you all

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: can someone help me?

Post by geriatrix » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:52 am

Unless you wish to lie, you have only one option!!
If you tell the truth, then you need evidence(s) as required .... and that will take time.

IMHO, two options:
1. Defer the application. Better than lying on a naturalisation application.
or
2. Cease to be self-employed. And then apply.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

noajthan

Re: Recently became Self Employed - What to put on form?

Post by noajthan » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:10 pm

AmirPR wrote:Hi Guys

Hope your all well.

I am sending my AN1 form next week through the NCS. I have a questions thats doing my head in.

On the section where it asks for employment status, I have been unemployed for the past year or so. I have also been teaching myself web design and other skills. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I started Freelance work, basically designing websites from home.

I went ahead and registered as a freelancer with HMRC, which is basically self employed.

Now on the AN1 form it says if your self employed you need to send all your Tax returns and self employment documents etc.. Now the problem is its only been a few weeks, also i haven't even heard back from HRMC to confirm anything, so what do i do here?

Anyone know? Its really bothering me as i have my NCS appointment on the 2nd of Sept.

Thank you all
Do you mean the AN form for naturalisation :?:

Tax returns are submitted annually, if you haven't been self-employed for a year you won't have any annual accounts. Clearly nothing to submit yet.

You can still show evidence of self-employed status (business plan, business account, your communication with HMRC, any self-employed NI payments & etc).
Why not explain that in the 'further information' section of the form.

So if this is what you are talking about then clearly the period has not become 'relevant' yet (as you have just started).
For individuals who are self - employed / business person:
Evidence from the HM Revenue and Customs confirming payment of tax over the relevant period
On the other hand, if you are talking about the 'employment history' question, employment or self-employment is not a condition for citizenship. So no worries there.