ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which Forms for a Family Applying from USA?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RainyDayRun
United States of America

Which Forms for a Family Applying from USA?

Post by RainyDayRun » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:06 pm

Hi,

I'm sure this has been answered before, but I'm so stressed out, I could use some reassurance. I emailed through the UK gov website and they haven't gotten back to me yet.

Which forms do I need to fill out and send in? Wife and two minor children of UKC applying from USA. I have all the support materials, and we've had our biometrics appointment. I thought I was in the clear, but now I'm second guessing everything.

1) Settlement form through Visa4UK filled out online and printed. One for each family member.
2)Family settlement application form VAF4A printed out and filled in by hand. One for each family member.
3) Appendix 2 printed out and filled in by hand for each family member.

Is that right? I haven't filled out VAF4A because I thought that was only for people applying from countries where the online form couldn't be used. But like I said, I'm just second guessing everything right now.

Thanks for any guidance!

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Which Forms for a Family Applying from USA?

Post by Casa » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:12 pm

Do your children hold British citizenship? I'm assuming UKC = UK citizens, unless I'm being dim. :?
Edit: It's OK, I've trawled through your previous posts and see that Vinny has advised you on this.

How have you met the £18,600 earning condition in your application? Have you paid the new NHS Surcharge online?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:13 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

RainyDayRun
United States of America

Post by RainyDayRun » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:14 pm

Yes, husband has UK citizenship and UK passport. Children and I only have US citizenship and hold US passports.

It's a good question. There are so many factors!

RainyDayRun
United States of America

Post by RainyDayRun » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:16 pm

Thank you! Yes, more of our details are in the original post.

Just having a hard time figuring out which papers to print and fill out!

RainyDayRun
United States of America

Post by RainyDayRun » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:21 pm

Casa wrote: How have you met the £18,600 earning condition in your application? Have you paid the new NHS Surcharge online?
Yes, we meet the financial requirements. Yes, I have the paperwork to support it.

Yes, I have paid for the application and the surcharge.

I have submitted all the applications online, and been to our biometrics appointment.

I'm really looking for guidance on which forms need to be filled out. I did not see anything about appendix 2 until yesterday, so I'm really nervous that I'm missing something else. I am also not clear if I need to print and fill out the VAF4A since it says on the bottom of the page it's only for those who cannot apply online. However, I originally thought that applied to appendix 2 as well, but further reading implies I need to print and send those as well.

Thank you for any guidance on which forms I am to print out and send.

RainyDayRun
United States of America

Post by RainyDayRun » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:27 pm

Yes? No? Did I step on toes? Am I being completely oblivious about which forms to fill out?

I feel like this should be really clear, but I'm just not finding the answer anywhere. Especially the Family Application VAF4A, do I need to print it and fill it out? Or since I'm applying from the US was the settlement application through Visa4UK enough?

It states on the web page to download the VAF4A and Appendix it states that it is only for countries where the online application isn't allowed. (Toward the bottom of the page.)
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... form-vaf4a

But, according to some internet forms, Appendix 2 seems to be mandatory although when I filled out the Visa4UK settlement visa, I didn't see anything about the Appendix 2, just to be sure to include my support documents.