ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born in UK ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

c0ntract0r
Newly Registered

Child born in UK ILR

Post by c0ntract0r » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:36 pm

Hi All,

Me and my wife will be applying for ILR next year through Tier1 General route. We have 2 children and 1 of them was born in UK.
I want to know if I need to apply ILR for the child born in UK as I've been told not to apply.
I've been told that child born in UK will automatically become british citizen when me and my wife get ILR.
Can someone please clarify.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child born in UK ILR

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:47 pm

UK born child will NOT automatically be British but is entitled to register as British on form MN1 once you have received ILR. Cost of this application is currently £749. Once you receive the registration certificate, you can apply for the childs British passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.