ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Dependent Application : Entry Clearance ( indian ) -

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kaponeh
Newly Registered

ILR Dependent Application : Entry Clearance ( indian ) -

Post by kaponeh » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:21 am

Hi All,

I need some guidance from the members for my query . I have tried to search for the same on the site but didnt find much relevant answers, So hoping the same can be answered here.

I am getting married to an ILR holder in few months and trying to understand the process of applying for a dependent visa.
I am unclear about the below aspects , if anyone can shed some light , i will be highly obliged.

1. Since I apply my via in 2015 , I assume I will have to wait for 5 years before I can apply for ILR ,so it will be initial dependent visa of 2.5 years + extension of 2.5 years and then ILR, kindly confirm. I have heard for an ILR dependent the wait period is 2+1 years

2. I was in UK till April 2015 ion COS-ST and have recently returned back to India and now in cooling off period till May 2016. If I apply for dependent and am granted the same , can i travel to UK and not impact my cool off ? I plan to get married in Dec , take 3 months off and then return to India in April and initiate a fresh COS. Is this feasible ?

3. Do we need an employer NOC to apply for a dependent visa ? I know it is needed for tier 2 dependent but not sure if its applicable in my case.

4. Does taking LWP ( leave without pay ) hamper my prospects of resetting the cool off period ?

5. While applying for visa , does passport spouse name add any materiality in the sense that If i dont change my name post marriage and keep my existing passport and only get the spouse name endorsed into mine and my husband gets my name endorsed into his , is that sufficient or a name change is mandatory ?

6. What kind of address proofs are needed for the application. If I am applying in Delhi and my permanent residence is in Kolkatta , can i use my permanent address or i need to provide a local address where i reside.