ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 switching jobs and salary requirements query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Divu

Tier 2 switching jobs and salary requirements query

Post by Divu » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:55 am

Hi Friends and Experts!

I will be extremely grateful if you one of you could help me with the following questions.

I am currently in Tier 2 General Visa since September 2013 and I am a web designer (SOC- 2137). So initially I switched from PSW to Tier 2 as a new entrant and hence I was exempt from RMLT(even though the job was not under the SOC list, which still is'nt).
Now if I wish to switch to a new job for a different employer under the same SOC code job, does the new employer need to do a RMLT?

Coming back to my current situation, I did not get any pay rise since the start of my Tier 2 visa period. I am still under the old salary requirement(as per 2013 rule) which is less than the new salary requirements published in 2015 (which is New entrant: £20,800* / Experienced: £23,400). At the end of my current Tier 2 visa, provided I wish to extend it from the current employer for the same role, should I be earning the experienced salary to be eligible for the extension? I have approximately one year left for my current visa to end and I am concerned if I should start talking to my current employer about my future.

Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 2 switching jobs and salary requirements query

Post by manci » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:46 am

Divu wrote:Hi Friends and Experts!
I am currently in Tier 2 General Visa since September 2013 and I am a web designer (SOC- 2137). So initially I switched from PSW to Tier 2 as a new entrant and hence I was exempt from RMLT(even though the job was not under the SOC list, which still is'nt).
Now if I wish to switch to a new job for a different employer under the same SOC code job, does the new employer need to do a RMLT?
yes, RLMT will be required

Sunny2905
Newly Registered

Post by Sunny2905 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:38 pm

Hi Manci,

Does it require the salary of the new job must be higher than that of the previous one, even if both salaries are higher than that of the new entrant salary? (If they are under the same SOC)

Many thanks!

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:13 pm

Sunny2905 wrote:Hi Manci,

Does it require the salary of the new job must be higher than that of the previous one,
there is no such requirement

even if both salaries are higher than that of the new entrant salary? (If they are under the same SOC)

Many thanks!