ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Term Visit Visa for 5 Years

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ibi69
Newly Registered

Long Term Visit Visa for 5 Years

Post by Ibi69 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:55 pm

Hello
I am following this forum since last week or so and found it very useful. You people are doing great job.
I would like to share my situation and would expect you to guide me to some plausible solution.
I am Pakistani citizen married to British Citizen. My brother who has been sponsoring my earlier visits is also British. This time I have applied for 5 years long term Family visit visa. I have already been granted visit visa twice for 6 months in last ten years. I have been sponsored by my brother who is a British Citizen, however my wife who is also is Britiah Citizen and is residig in UK with my two kids did not sponsor me for the reason that she is claiming various benefits(Housing, JSA, CTC etc). She is doing a part time job for 16.25 hours and is also improving educational qualification for better job.
I have mentioned the address of my wife as my main residence of stay and did mention in the visa application that I have been sponsored by my brother who has ample accommodation however, I'll living with my wife and children.

I hope living with my wife during my stay at UK which is not going to be more than one month will affect my visa.

Looking forward for a quick response.

secret.simon

Re: Long Term Visit Visa for 5 Years

Post by secret.simon » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:03 pm

A visit visa is only issued for short visas to the UK specifically with a view not to settle in the UK. The Entry Clearance Officer must be convinced that you will leave the UK at the end of your stay and return to your home country.

If you were to mention in your application that your wife and children are British and living in the UK, the ECO could have reasonable doubt as to whether you plan to return or not and could plausibly (and within the rules) refuse you your visit visa.

On the other hand, if you do not mention your wife and children in your application, it could be construed as deception.

From the tenor of your post, it sounds like you have already made the application. Based on what I mentioned above, I would be prepared for a refusal.

Ibi69
Newly Registered

Re: Long Term Visit Visa for 5 Years

Post by Ibi69 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:54 pm

[quote="secret.simon"]
On the other hand, if you do not mention your wife and children in your application, it could be construed as deception.

Thank you for your prompmt reply
you have already mention that if i dont mention about my family it comes in deception. I have given sufficient evidence to convince ECO that i will returning back after my visit. However, I am more concerned about my wife on benefits specially housing. I hope it wont affect my application. I have already been granted visa twice and i have a good travelling history.
please if you can guide about my wife on benefits can effect my chances .... I will be grateful