ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HMRC MISSTAKE- Child benefit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ukbaby
Newly Registered

HMRC MISSTAKE- Child benefit

Post by ukbaby » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:21 pm

Hi,
I have sent child benefit form with my 2 children details and their original birth certificate.
But I only received younger child benefit. They returned 2 original birth certificate.
It seems they made mistakes and did not mention anything of my elder child.
They both was born in UK. They never claimed child benefits.
I have filled complaint form online and called them, they filled form to their child benefit office, but no reply after 2 weeks.
Phoned them again, they said that case worker will call me back in 7 days, but still nothing.
I do not know what shall I do now.
I am going to fill mandatory reconsideration form and also contact local MP.
It is absolutely HMRC mistakes.

I just regret I did not photocopy the form which I sent before, otherwise I have evidence.
But they should still have my child benefit form...
Anyone have opinion about this? Thnaks

theprideofpak

Re: HMRC MISSTAKE- Child benefit

Post by theprideofpak » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:59 pm

Don't worry, it will be sorted. give it some time. Its clearly their mistake, if they can give younger child child benefit then surely they took his/her details from the very form you sent them. I am sure it will be sorted. give them 7 working days and then call again.