ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR to ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sanblazer
Newly Registered

FLR to ILR

Post by sanblazer » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:48 am

Dear Friends,

I have a bit of confusion.Not seen too many posts on FLR's on this forum.

My wife's FLR is up for renewal on 29th September , so if we go for a extension on say 1st week of September on a premium service , from when will her new FLR VISA start ?

For eg: if they give from the same date as she has applied , there will still be a shortfall of 1 month, on the 5 years period required for IRL.So will that mean she has to go for one more extension to cover off that 1 month period. I am hoping not

Can someone please clarify this for me ?

ps: I was under ILR when we initially applied for her FLR, I am a British Citizen now, so would it be better to simply make her spouse of a British Citizen ,but that would mean resetting the clock for her ILR to 3 years.

KInd Regards,
Sandeep

SoHopeful

Re: FLR to ILR

Post by SoHopeful » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:43 pm

From what I've seen, applying for an extension or ILR a month earlier or later doesn't have much impact on the application.