ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Approved on 29th@CROYDON

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rukmesh
United Kingdom

ILR Approved on 29th@CROYDON

Post by rukmesh » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:46 pm

Finally .... All done.

Am so relieved and after my application was approved, I called up my family in India and I wanted to update this forum about it but yesterday was so busy so could not.

Here is the list of documents
1. Cover Letter
2. Application form - SET (0). Completed and Signed.
3. BRP Card - 3 (1 main applicant + 2 dependants)
4. Passports - 6 (2 each for all the applicants. 1 expired and 1 current)
5. Photos - 6 (2 each for all the applicants. Full Name written on the back)
6. Personal Bank Statement from March-2014 to May-2015.
7. Salary Slips from March-2014 to Feb-2015 (This is continuous 12 months from the last 15 months). The salary slips are on official letter head and signed and stamped.
8. LIUK Certificate - 2 (One for myself and one for my wife).
9. IELTS Certificate - 1(I used the same IELTS to prove my English in initial Tier 1 G application in 2009).
10. Master's degree for my wife. I am submitting my wife's master's degree for her KOLL requirement
11. PBS Calculator to show my wife's degree in the NARIC database
12. NARIC letter - 1 (We have a NARIC letter also which confirms my wife's degree is meeting the English requirement).

13. Council Letter for last 3 years which has my name and my wife's name
14. Electricity/Gas bill for last 2 years (online printed from a coloured printer). The bills have both our names
15. Water bill for last 2 years (Online printed from a coloured printer). The bills have both our names
16. Voter's card for May'2015 general elections
17. Driving license counterpart for self and my wife which shows our address
18. Employment history from HMRC. I have got last 4 years of employment history. I asked for this in April and as HMRC did not have my history of the current year, they have only given me last 4 years.
19. I have got form P45 for the current year
20. Master's degree and points based calculator for self. As the original degree is not mandatory to claim points for qualification, I will not submit it but keep it as a backup

Appointment was at 8:00 AM. I had done a drive on Sunday just to check the things :D :D . This helped me as I knew exactly where the parking was and how the road looked like. We left home at 06:15 and reached Croydon at 07:20. Parked the car and paid £5.50 for the whole day. All good so far. We then walked across the road which took us 10 minutes because we had 2 little children.. 7:40 , we were there in front of Lunar house. I even took a picture to show :D . The gates were closed till then. However in 5 minutes, the gates opened and we were allowed in. Went through the security and then lift was not working. We decided some physical work so took the stair.
We were asked to wait in the cafeteria because the office had not opened till then. It was 7:50 then.
In 5-7 minutes, one guy came and said that the reception/payment checking counter (where you get the token) had opened. We all rushed. Queued up and my turn came. The guy asked me for my appointment letter and payment letter and all the passports and application form. He typed in a few things .. then says .. "Disappointment .. this appointment has been cancelled." I asked who could have done that. He replied "You cancelled it". I said I did cancel but rebooked immediately and I had a reference number for both. (http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... O#p1197173). This guy was frankly a bit rude. He then asked me to take a seat and said that he will go and check with his manager if something can be done. He came back in 5 minutes with a token number :D . The moment we had the token number 104 in hand, we got called for registering our details.
I went to another counter (don't remember the counter number). Another rude lady. She says .." This token is only for 1 appointment".. I requested her to check with the reception guy and said that I have a payment sheet and all the correspondence with HO regarding this. She perhaps was just typing something and not even listening to me.. She asked me for my application form, all the passports and BRPs and photographs. I gave her everything. She asked me to put all the documents in a folder. I did but forgot to put in all the photocopies as 2 people had already stressed me enough. My wife's degree was a big one (People from India might be remembering those A3 size degrees :D ). I had to wrap it around the folder with a rubber band given by the same rude/expressionless lady). Finally, 08:25, case registration was also done and we were immediately called for Biometric.
Biometric guy was the first nice guy we met yesterday. He talked to us nicely. Took our biometric and said that this will take around 90 minutes so, if we wanted to go out, we could or else we could stay in the cafeteria. We decided the warmth of cafeteria.. lol It was 08:40 then
After months, I would have seen a TV screen with so much intensity. I was seeing the status of the application and I was enjoying it. My application moved to "Under Consideration" within 20 minutes (I am not sure whether that was quick or not but I was happy with the turn around time).
Frankly, I was expecting a decision by 10:00 and as the clock crossed 09:45, my heartbeat became fast.. To keep my nerves, I decided to take cup of Tea.. The tea finished in 10 minutes. The case was still "Under Consideration". My wife looked at me. Case number 100,102 and 108 had already been decided. I told her that "see, 101,103,107 are still under consideration".. hahahaha
After 10, next 30 minutes were quite tensed .. I don't know why they were taking so long. At 10:30, the application status changed finally to "Ready for Collection". .. I touched a window which was wooden .. Remembered my gods and goddesses .. and then a counter was announced where we had to go and collect our documents. It was counter number 43 (My favourite number yesterday). We reached the counter. Another expressionless lady was there to "help" us . hahaha.. She said, It is all done, please check the details and sign. We looked at the page and it was a Biometric page.. So we knew that ILR was approved. I looked at my wife and smiled .. We quickly checked the details, signed, took our papers and headed out of the building.
We reached the parking by 10:55.
11:00, my navigator was ready ... to lead us back home .. This journey (back home) was so relaxing.
As a treat, we went shopping to Bicester village in the evening and came back quite late.. In the morning, I had to rush back to work in Edinburgh..

All the best guys.. I am sure all will be well and feel free to ask me anything

For all the 5 years (upto Feb this year), I have been a permanent employee. I started doing contracting since March this year. To keep my application simple, I am only considering my earnings from permanent job. However, in my cover letter, I will inform the HO about this and will submit the accountant letter and will say that if you need any documents to see, I will be happy to show. I will keep all the company (self employment) letters/papers as a backup.

argus7
Wales

Re: ILR Approved on 29th@CROYDON

Post by argus7 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:16 pm

Excellent review!

rukmesh
United Kingdom

Post by rukmesh » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:06 pm

sma_tier1

Post by sma_tier1 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:53 pm

Congrats rukmesh.
Your review gave a lively feeling. Please update us when you get the BRP with the no. of days taken to deliver.

Thanks,

zaynab79
United Kingdom

Post by zaynab79 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:58 am

many congrats rukmesh and thanks for the details. so basically u did not submit your degree for qualification and also can you please tell me which options you chose on the application form in qualification section

rukmesh
United Kingdom

Post by rukmesh » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:36 am

Thanks

Section 9B states
If you have claimed points for a qualification on a previous Tier 1 (General) application and sent in evidence of the qualification at that time, you should still list this qualification in this section below. However, you do not need to provide this evidence again in order to claim points for this application.
So, I entered the Qualification details like Country of award, State, Title etc and then further in in Section 9b2, I ticked on the box which says
Qualification recognised on the points-based calculator and evidence submitted as part of previous Tier 1 (General) application.
I then selected the appropriate points for my Qualification (according to my initial leave to enter.

On Page number 40 (section 9B4), I ticked on the box which says
Evidence is not required for current application because it was submitted for a previous Tier 1 (General) application.

Is this all you need or if you need anything else, please let me know

zaynab79
United Kingdom

Post by zaynab79 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:27 pm

this really helps alotttt!!! thank you so much

what evidence did you submit for English language requirements? and also confirm that you did not submit any evidence for qualificiation e.g. no naric , no point calculator etc

mnaeem126
inactive

Post by mnaeem126 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:23 pm

@Zaynab79
Please be aware Section 9B does not apply on Tier 1 (General). If you are on Tier 1 (General) then you have to fill 9A. I think it would be more clear picture if you pls tell us what was your qualification and where from and what evidence you submitted with your initial application. if you are on Tier 1 (General) and qualification is not on the PBS now then select Section 9.... B4 (Page 40) saying, Evidence is not required for current application because it was submitted for a previous Tier 1 (General) application.

gprao2010

Post by gprao2010 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:06 pm

Hi rukmesh,

Please let us know when you get your BRPs. I got BRP only for me and my wife but not for my kid.

Regards,

rukmesh
United Kingdom

Post by rukmesh » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:08 pm

Hi friends,

Today, we received our BRP's . In fact it was tried to be delivered last week but my wife had gone out to get my kids from the school and the delivery was missed out. Fortunately, we received the BRP's today and all is good.

Thanks all and good luck ..

Am on to the next step now.. MN1 for my son.. :-)

zaynab79
United Kingdom

Post by zaynab79 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:17 am

mnaeem,

i had applied for HSMP in 2007 and received tier 1(G) in 2009 for both my extensions i had marked submitted previously with application. its master degree from Punjab university, lahore pakistan. Therefore the only time my degree was submitted at the time of initial HSMP application.

mnaeem126
inactive

Post by mnaeem126 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:02 pm

You don't need to provide it again and only tick the option B.4 under 9A saying, "Evidence is not required for current application because it was submitted for a previous Tier 1 (General) application". You would be absolutely fine, 100% guaranty.

aubajwa

Post by aubajwa » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:07 pm

Hello,

This is an excellent review.

But I am not sure why you applied ILR for your kid, as a dependent.

I am sure once you receive ILR , you can directly apply for your kid for citizenship (on basis of your ILR status).
The kid does not need to have ILR status (as far as I understand).

Anybody can confirm my understanding?

Thanks
Asmat