ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric time Line after Naturalisation Application submit

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AdilNabi
Newly Registered

Biometric time Line after Naturalisation Application submit

Post by AdilNabi » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:55 pm

HI ,
I am intending to submit my naturalisation application through NCS on 07/07/2015, because of some urgency i need to go on foreign trip on 23/07/2015 and would return in 1st week of August.

Could you please confirm when they issue the biometric letter after application submission. Secondly if you fail to submit the biometric would they reject the application and dont refund the fees?

Is there any way to inform them that i am going out of country ?

Regards,
AN

oludaniel123
Newly Registered

Re: Biometric time Line after Naturalisation Application sub

Post by oludaniel123 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:36 pm

This should not be a problem.
U can use the Nationality checking
service in any borough in UK.
They will only make copies of your original
documents inlucding the biometric card and give you
Back the original.

AdilNabi
Newly Registered

Post by AdilNabi » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:15 pm

Thanks mate,

I will be using the NCS- checking service and will get back my originals.

What i am after, they take the fee and issue the biometric letter after 2 weeks generally . I will be out of country during that time and the biometric needs to submitted in 2 weeks time after wards.

is there any way to inform them that i am going out of UK so wouldnt be able to submit the biometric on time.

Secondly would it affect on the application processing time by any mean?

Regards,

vishpb35

Post by vishpb35 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:59 pm

AdilNabi wrote:HI ,
I am intending to submit my naturalisation application through NCS on 07/07/2015, because of some urgency i need to go on foreign trip on 23/07/2015 and would return in 1st week of August.

Could you please confirm when they issue the biometric letter after application submission. Secondly if you fail to submit the biometric would they reject the application and dont refund the fees?

Regards,
AN
looking at june timelines, if you submit your application at NCS on 07 July, assuming UKVI receives around 10 July and deduct fee around say 15 July, then you will be receiving biometric enrollment letter around 22-25 july and you have to enrol biometrics at nearest post office within 15 days from date of posting (say it was posted on 17 july).

so if you are coming in 1st week of aug, you may miss the boat; so either delay your application or delay ur trip until you enroll biometrics.

i think you can send a letter to UKVI about ur travel plans when u submit at NCS. if u want ukvi to wait until u come back, then there is no guarantee that they will start processing ur application from 1st week of aug or whenever u say. its better to apply later than telling ukvi that u will be away. your call !

OR

Normally expect biometric letter within a week when money is deducted from ur card (keep checking bank balances/even on weekends). So decide that time whether u can do 23rd July trip depending upon payment deduction date.

good luck !

again all these dates are hypothetical ,,,good luck
* Call your NCS as what date will they be posting your application. Some NCS post letter once or twice a week.
* Once you have submitted docs, NCS will give you special delivery reference to track your application. (if application is received on say 9th july, then 10th july (next working day from date of receipt) is marked as application received date by ukba)
Last edited by vishpb35 on Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:08 pm

AdilNabi wrote:HI ,

Regards,
AN
If you are a no show for biometrics you should receive a final warning letter;
this gives a further grace period of 10 workings days (from date of this second letter) in which to submit your biometrics or else forfeit the application.

The initial window for biometrics (15 days) plus the second window (10 days) plus HO processing time in between (unknown) is longer than the duration of your planned trip (7-10 days or so).
Of course the risk is as you can't control the date of the first letter.

On the other hand, for complete peace of mind why not consider submitting the application in August as it's only 1 month delay.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

June825
Newly Registered

Post by June825 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:19 pm

agree to Noajthan.

After i have been rendered the NCS service for my Naturalisation application on 22.6.2015, I got a NCS receipt informing that "if you are planning to leave the UK at all in the two months following your application you need to be aware that you will be invited to enrol your biometrics at some point in that period. You need to be aware of the fact that you only have 15 days to enrol your biometrics, and failure to do so in the requisite period could result in the rejection of your application. I was really shocked by this message as I misunderstood that i have no need to enrol biometics. Because I have already done it in 2014 for ILR application. I got email acknowledgement on 29.6.2015 and money was cleared on 1.7.2015. Until now, I have not received letters for acknowledgement and Biometircs.......

I have tried my best to inform HO but no response till now. I am anxious as I have to leave UK this week and return at the end of August. :( :( :(

It is really better I apply it in September not June. :( :( :(

oludaniel123
Newly Registered

Migrant Health surcharge

Post by oludaniel123 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:01 pm

The migrant Heath surcharge was recently introduced by the government, and it coming as a big surprise to
me that spouse of settled or British citizen who
are already in UK working and pay the national insurance contribution will still have to pay this surcharge until when they get indefinte leave.
I honestly think this is not fair because they are
already paying the NI which is being used
for funding the NHS.

The is a double taxation and not fair .

The government should do a re-think of this before people start protesting.