ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Submit Old Passport for ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sma_tier1

Submit Old Passport for ILR application

Post by sma_tier1 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:16 pm

Hello friends,

I have my ILR appointment next week.

Me and my dependants have old passports which expired/cancelled even before we came to UK. There is no visa stamping or immigration entry/exit stamps in them. Do I still need to submit these passports along with my current passport ?

Is it not enough if I submit only the current passports which has all the history of our stay/travel in UK ?

Thanks in advance.
SMA

mr_mar

Re: Submit Old Passport for ILR application

Post by mr_mar » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:01 pm

Avoid troubles

Usually the passport is a property of the government and you should return it if it is expired and has no valid visas and no valid reason to keep it. But this it a matter between you and your country.

Just submit it and make them understand this themselves.

Good luck

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:13 pm

You don't need to submit passports that have no relevance to your residence on which your ILR is based. If they have never been used to enter the UK, there is no need for them to be submitted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sma_tier1

Post by sma_tier1 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:33 pm

Thanks CR001 and mr_mar for your reply.