ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working and child tax credit for seperated parent!

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

omonile

Working and child tax credit for seperated parent!

Post by omonile » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:03 pm

Hi All!
I am seperated from my eea wife after 3years of marriage.we are living seperately for about 2months now but in talking term with my wife because of our son.in view of the fact that we are still negotiating the terms of divorce,can my wife claim working tax credit and child tax credit as a single person pending the finalisation of our divorce and how does this benefit affect my retention right.
Thanks for your help in advance.

omonile

Re: Working and child tax credit for seperated parent!

Post by omonile » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:52 pm

??????

Lostone
Newly Registered

Re: Working and child tax credit for seperated parent!

Post by Lostone » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:44 pm

If you are separated officially and not just living apart for a while , you can both claim working tax credit it depends on how much you earn .Child tax credit can only be claimed by one of you , it is the parent who gets the child benefit. again it will depend on what your wife earns.
It shouldn't affect your divorce.