ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN1 Form - Knowledge of languare

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

thinkingagain

AN1 Form - Knowledge of languare

Post by thinkingagain » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:36 am

Hi - I am applying for Citizenship and i need help in updating section1.22
I have done my studies in INdia and have got a confirmation from NARIC of statement of comparability that the education i have done in India is equivalent to B1 CEFR in UK.

My question is

Which condition should i select from below:

I have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or an
equivalent level qualification (Go to question 1.23)
Or
Form AN Application form (version 05/15) Page 7 of 32
I have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised
standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and:
i. UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English; or
ii. the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country
(other than Canada);
Or
I am a national of a majority English speaking country;
Or
I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after
28th October 2013;
Or
I wish to claim exemption on the basis of my physical or mental condition (physical and/
or mental illness may not lead automatically to exemption. You should provide reasons
on page 24. Your application may fail and the fee retained if insufficient reasons for
exemption are provided).

Kind Regards,
thinking again.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: AN1 Form - Knowledge of languare

Post by fwd079 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:00 am

Below is your condition:
I have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised
standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and:
i. UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English;
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.