ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Leaving the UK after submitting British AN form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MarieHMarie
Newly Registered

Leaving the UK after submitting British AN form

Post by MarieHMarie » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:41 pm

Hello everyone,

I have just submitted my application AN for citizenship but I have been offer a job back home in France. I will have to leave the country and I was wondering if it is possible to update my address with Home Office with a FRENCH address?

I am aware that I will have to come back to the UK for the ceremony and biometric data but I am fine with this. However I do not want my application to be cancelled because of the late relocation! What do you think on this?

I will definitely be of great help for me and hopefully to a couple more people in the future!

Marie

noajthan

Re: Leaving the UK after submitting British AN form

Post by noajthan » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:11 pm

MarieHMarie wrote:Hello everyone,

I have just submitted my application AN for citizenship but I have been offer a job back home in France. I will have to leave the country and I was wondering if it is possible to update my address with Home Office with a FRENCH address?

I am aware that I will have to come back to the UK for the ceremony and biometric data but I am fine with this. However I do not want my application to be cancelled because of the late relocation! What do you think on this?

I will definitely be of great help for me and hopefully to a couple more people in the future!

Marie
I would really think about that idea.
You will have recently answered question 2.3 on the form (AN) when you submitted your application.

Bon chance.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

MarieHMarie
Newly Registered

Post by MarieHMarie » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:14 am

Thanks for your advise, but

a) Would my application been rejected if told them that I was not planning on living in the UK in box 2.3?
b) When i filled the application it was correct at the time; now things have changed for me...

I am still wondering what is the exact interpretation and rule here?

Marie

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:43 am

To be fair you should cancel your application as you do not intend to live in UK anymore. There are some topics opened regarding this matter.
Basically if your application is approved and you do the ceremony it should not be a problem BUT why do you need British citizenship if you do not intend to live here?

british-citizenship/leaving-uk-after-pa ... 89389.html

british-citizenship/how-long-can-i-be-a ... 89189.html

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:35 am

MarieHMarie wrote:Thanks for your advise, but

a) Would my application been rejected if told them that I was not planning on living in the UK in box 2.3?
b) When i filled the application it was correct at the time; now things have changed for me...

I am still wondering what is the exact interpretation and rule here?

Marie
For a) yes, quite possibly.

b) If it was correct at the time you applied that is reasonable.

If at all possible suggest you handle all dealings with HO from UK until it is all sorted out.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.