ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for Non-EEa parent of Irish child living in the UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Single_mum
Ireland

Visa for Non-EEa parent of Irish child living in the UK

Post by Single_mum » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:23 am

I need help in what way to go. My partner and i have been together now for 7 years we have a 4 year old daughter. We had been refused visa in Ireland and so i have moved to the UK to see if i can use the EU route.

I don't have a clue what we should be applying for so i will try and explain our situation.

I am an Irish citizen by naturalisation with an Irish child who's father is a non eea citizen living outside of the EEa. He is financially responsible for the child and we have proof of it. He has custody rights, which he did in Ireland to help confirm parentage and get the child's Irish passport. The problem we have is, I never lived outside of EEA and we dont have any proof of living together to apply as unmarried couple. IF anyone knows what route, what to apply for or even some clue on the options available. Pls advice

I work full time in the UK.

Obie
Ireland

Re: Visa for Non-EEa parent of Irish child living in the UK

Post by Obie » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:01 am

So you are not married, and have no evidence of a durable relationship.

It may be a bit tough for him though.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Single_mum
Ireland

Post by Single_mum » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:40 am

[quote="Obie"]So you are not married, and have no evidence of a durable relationship.

It may be a bit tough for him though.[/quote]

Yes we are not. Any idea what we are able to do

PrestonLancs

Post by PrestonLancs » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:44 am

Get married.

el patron
Member of Standing

Post by el patron » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:21 pm

Just for clarification, I wonder when you say the father has 'custody', is that in the from of an order form the Irish courts? If so does the order allow you to take the child out of the Irish 'State'?