ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

'Is the main applicant living in the UK?' Help required!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RDebroy
Newly Registered

'Is the main applicant living in the UK?' Help required!

Post by RDebroy » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:37 am

My situation is this: My wife holds a Tier 2 General Migrant visa between 5 Sept 2012 - 1 Oct 2015 and I hold a corresponding Tier 2 Dependent visa between 26 Sep 2013 -1 Oct 2015. Meanwhile, I have secured a new job in the UK, and a restricted CoS. As a Tier 2 Dependent I could not switch in-country into a Tier 2 General Migrant. Accordingly, i have returned to my home country (India) to apply for a fresh Tier 2 Migrant visa. My wife have also travelled with me to my home country and is applying as my Tier 2 Dependent.

The question which we are finding difficult to answer is this : My wife's Tier 2 Dependent form asks of her "Is the main applicant (meaning me) living in the UK? " It needs to be answered in "yes" or "no" with very limited space for any explanation. At one level, she could answer 'yes' as I have been living in the UK as a Dependent for the past year and a half. On the other hand, as a 'main applicant', following UKVI rules, I have now returned to India (my home country) to apply for a fresh entry clearence. In that sense, I am not living in the UK at the moment and my wife should answer 'No'.

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: 'Is the main applicant living in the UK?' Help required!

Post by moonlight55 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:11 am

The answer should be No. The question implies if the main applicant is "currently" in UK or not.