ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Medicals for PR and visit visas - please help

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

canadahopeful
Newly Registered

Medicals for PR and visit visas - please help

Post by canadahopeful » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:10 pm

We are Indian passport holders residing in Dubai. We applied for Canadian PR in May 2005 to CIC, London and have just received (end Aug 2007) the forms for medical tests. We have until Nov to submit these test reports. Meanwhile our son (18yrs) has just started his undergrad college in the US (on F1 visa) and he will be back here for vacation in Dec 2007. I have a few questions:

1. Should we ask for more time in order for my son to be back here to do the medical together? Or can he get the medical done in the US separately? Any disadvantages one way or the other?

2. Should I mention my son's new address in USA and status to the CIC?

3. If my son wants to go to Canada to visit his friends (on a visit visa), can he do that? Will the PR application be a ground for rejecting a visit visa?

4. The letter from CIC mentions that we need to pay the Right of PR fees. Do we need to do this along with the medical or later?

Appreciate any feedback/experiences on these questions.
Cheers