ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Carers allowance for marriage visa????

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sa3edansah
Newly Registered

Carers allowance for marriage visa????

Post by sa3edansah » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:13 pm

Hi

Can someone tell me if claiming carers allowance can be considered as employment when applying for marriage visa.

I look after my elderly father who has dementia and had to stop work in October last year. I know there is a minimum threshold £18,600. I heard somewhere that I may not have to fulfill the £18,600 requirement. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Carers allowance for marriage visa????

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:35 pm

You're exempt from the £18,600 rule if you are entitled to carers allowance.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sa3edansah
Newly Registered

Post by sa3edansah » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:02 pm

There is hope for humanity with people like you Casa.

Bless you. That's 1 less thing to worry about.

Still got a 1 big problem to sort out..oh god..boy oh boy. Shivers down my spine.

mangotree
Newly Registered

Post by mangotree » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:21 am

You're not exempt from the £18,600 rule if you are entitled to Carer's allowance.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:00 am

mangotree wrote:You're not exempt from the £18,600 rule if you are entitled to Carer's allowance.
And where have you come up with this from? :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:01 am

mangotree wrote:You're not exempt from the £18,600 rule if you are entitled to Carer's allowance.
Don't think that's correct, son.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:05 am

Wanderer wrote:
Don't think that's correct, son.
It isn't Wanderer...and it's only taken them 2 months to come up with wrong advice. :roll:
(Casa, not CR001)

mangotree
Newly Registered

Post by mangotree » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:20 pm

Casa wrote:You're exempt from the £18,600 rule if you are entitled to carers allowance.
Where did you get this information from please?

Thanks.

mangotree
Newly Registered

Post by mangotree » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:21 pm

Casa wrote:
Because sadly I have a letter telling me so. From HO. Otherwise I'd be jumping in happiness.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:20 pm

mangotree wrote:
Casa wrote:
Because sadly I have a letter telling me so. From HO. Otherwise I'd be jumping in happiness.
Below from this link (click)
You won’t need to prove you have this money if you or your partner get certain disability benefits or Carer’s Allowance, but you’ll need to adequately accommodate and support yourselves and any dependants.
And page 14 point 3.6 of Appendix FM, see here (click) clearly states the complete opposite of what you are claiming.

You will need to give more detail than just making a blunt statement. A lot depends on the circumstances of your case. You have not given any details in any of your posts and below is the most I could find.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1274360
mangotree wrote:This is my time line.

First application: September 2013 at Islamabad.
Visa refused: August 2014.
Court date: July 2015. Unrepresented. Won the appeal.

In the mean time 4 Visit Visa's on Human Rights have been rejected with no right of appeal.

Now Home Office have appealed against the Judge's decision. We're waiting for an Upper Tribunal court date which the Courts said could take 12-18 months!

Home Office are using so many harsh delaying tactics. Feels like absolute mental torture. They have shown no humanity or sensitivity especially when young children are involved and being affected.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.