ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

fiance VISA application from Australia to UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zoomerlon
Newly Registered

fiance VISA application from Australia to UK

Post by zoomerlon » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:47 pm

Hello all,

My partner is nearing completion of her VISA application to move from Australia to the UK so that we can get married and we are both very anxious of what might happen.  It seems that we have gathered what is required of us and are able to tick all the boxes on the checklist requirement sheet we have been given, but we are both very nervous and concerned that we may have overlooked something or that something we don’t know about may prevent the VISA getting accepted.

Would anyone be able to offer any advice through their experience of applying come from Australia to the UK under a fiancé VISA as to what we might expect and if there is anything that we might be able to pre-empt in order to give us a better chance of succeeding?

I know that once we have gone through this and have first experience of what happens I will be offering any advice I can to anyone trying to do what we are doing.  I haven’t seen my partner since November 2014 and it seems like an eternity.

Many Thanks for taking the time to read my post,

Jon

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: fiance VISA application from Australia to UK

Post by physicskate » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:31 pm

zoomerlon wrote:Hello all,

My partner is nearing completion of her VISA application to move from Australia to the UK so that we can get married and we are both very anxious of what might happen.  It seems that we have gathered what is required of us and are able to tick all the boxes on the checklist requirement sheet we have been given, but we are both very nervous and concerned that we may have overlooked something or that something we don’t know about may prevent the VISA getting accepted.

Would anyone be able to offer any advice through their experience of applying come from Australia to the UK under a fiancé VISA as to what we might expect and if there is anything that we might be able to pre-empt in order to give us a better chance of succeeding?

I know that once we have gone through this and have first experience of what happens I will be offering any advice I can to anyone trying to do what we are doing.  I haven’t seen my partner since November 2014 and it seems like an eternity.

Many Thanks for taking the time to read my post,

Jon
Simples. If you tick the boxes, you get the visa. Stop stressing... you've done all you can.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: fiance VISA application from Australia to UK

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:10 pm

One point to cover which is often overlooked, ensure you submit evidence of a wedding being planned...quotes from venues, catering etc. You won't be able to give notification of the marriage until your fiancee is in the UK, but you may be able to show some form of contact between you and the Registrar or provisional dates with the church (if applicable).
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.