ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Another question regarding EEA(PR) issue

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mojo78

Another question regarding EEA(PR) issue

Post by mojo78 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:31 am

Hello,

Could anyone clarify on the issue date of EEA(PR) please...
Let's say now I apply for the document certifying permanent residence. My qualifying period is 2005-2010. If the document is issued only in 2015, does that mean that if I decide to apply for British citizenship, I have to wait for one year after the date when DCPR issued or my actual permanent residency counts from 2010? I hope I explained myself clearly :)
From what I understand the document certifying permanent residence doesn't actually grant the permanent residence, it is just a piece of paper to confirm that I have it. And will it actually say when I became permanent resident or only when it was issued?

Thank you

Gomjaba

Re: Another question regarding EEA(PR) issue

Post by Gomjaba » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:11 am

You need to wait another year unless you are married to a British Citizen ... And are you sure you can apply for a previous period rather than 5 years leading up to the application ??

mojo78

Re: Another question regarding EEA(PR) issue

Post by mojo78 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:03 am

Gomjaba wrote:You need to wait another year unless you are married to a British Citizen ... And are you sure you can apply for a previous period rather than 5 years leading up to the application ??
I would think so since I became a permanent resident automatically after excercising treaty rights for 5 years, and permanent residence can only be lost after spending two years outside the UK.
I am not sure if I should wait one more year before applying for BC as I became permanent resident in 2010, so it's been 5 years since I hold permanent residence status.