ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Enter UK WITHOUT Family Permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fokus
Newly Registered

Enter UK WITHOUT Family Permit

Post by fokus » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:07 pm

Hi guys,

I would like you all to share your experience or post your opinion about entering the UK WITHOUT family permit (FP).

According to the law you don't need a FP to enter UK (see reference 1). I tried in the past and entered UK without FP.

Some reported problems boarding the plane - air companies would not allow people to board without FP.
Today I asked Ryanair and it replied that only valid passport is needed, no need for FP. (see reference 2).

Have you tried boarding plane without FP? Any feedback about air companies?
What about Eurostar from Paris to London?

//1.
"... the immigration officer must give the person every reasonable opportunity to ... prove by other means that he is—
(b)a family member of an EEA national with a right to accompany that national or join him in the United Kingdom"
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2006 ... on/11/made

//2.
XXX 03:40:38 pm

Hi, I am going on holidays to Spain
and would like to clarify one thing before buying tickets
I am going with my wife (who is Polish) and I am Russian. We will return to UK together
and we plan to buy ticket from ryanair
I have a Russian passport
Will Ryanair allow me to board a plane?

Zsolt N 03:43:39 pm

That is fine, is your passport is valid.
*if
XXX 03:44:53 pm

I am asking because according to the law I can travel but some air companies would check for family permit visa
will you?
Zsolt N 03:47:10 pm

We only need a valid passport but you may need to check this with the local government you are travelling to whether they accept the visa.
XXX 03:48:45 pm

fokus
Newly Registered

Re: Enter UK WITHOUT Family Permit

Post by fokus » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:02 pm

According to this thread you can use Eurostar without FP
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 66355.html

fokus
Newly Registered

Post by fokus » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:55 pm

-

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:49 pm

Can you clarify your specific circumstance? Are you an EEA national or the non-EEA spouse of an EEA national? Do you hold an EEA family permit or residence card issued by any EEA state, if so, which state? If the latter, are you travelling with the EEA spouse or to join them in the UK or are you travelling on your own?

McCarthy seems to have changed the rules regarding travel to the UK, but not necessarily that of staying in the UK. So, is your question regarding traveling to the UK or residing in the UK?

fokus
Newly Registered

Post by fokus » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:01 pm

Yes, I am non-EEA spouse of an EEA national. No family permit (FP) or residency card.
I am traveling with my EEA spouse.

My question is about people travelling to the UK without FP or residency cards.
Basically I don't want to waste my time applying and waiting for FP. I would prefer go to the immigration officer on the boarder and show all evidence/documents which otherwise would be needed in case of FP application.

mmalinconia

Post by mmalinconia » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:00 pm

I would appreciate an up to date information on travelling with Ryanair or Wizzair with an expired FP and a COA.

fokus
Newly Registered

Post by fokus » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:47 am

mmalinconia, how was your travel?

I successfully got back to the UK through Eurostar from Paris.
I was traveling with my wife, showed passport, marriage certificate and COA. (Though, I don't have family permit). Whole thing took about 5-10 minutes.

liquidweb

Post by liquidweb » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:38 pm

fokus wrote:mmalinconia, how was your travel?

I was traveling with my wife, showed passport, marriage certificate and COA. (Though, I don't have family permit). Whole thing took about 5-10 minutes.
Hi Fokus, are you a visa national? Are you from Europe (not necessarily EEA)? I believe the 5-10 minutes is a great sign of efficiency.

Nina Roche
China

Post by Nina Roche » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:53 pm

I traveled from Paris to London, by Eurostar with my husband (EEA national). No FP (one expired), no COA but I applied for EEA FM.
Officer in the window called someone (probably senior officer) out and handed over our documents (passports, marriage certificate, evidence that my husband is working in the UK, evidence of our address in the UK, which is council tax). Senior officer took documents and went back to check, while we are waiting outside for about 15 minutes. Then I got a EEA dependent ink stamp on my passport and passed through.

fasi2530

Post by fasi2530 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:45 pm

Nina Roche wrote:I traveled from Paris to London, by Eurostar with my husband (EEA national). No FP (one expired), no COA but I applied for EEA FM.
Officer in the window called someone (probably senior officer) out and handed over our documents (passports, marriage certificate, evidence that my husband is working in the UK, evidence of our address in the UK, which is council tax). Senior officer took documents and went back to check, while we are waiting outside for about 15 minutes. Then I got a EEA dependent ink stamp on my passport and passed through.
Hi Nina

for how long your EEA dependent ink stamp it will be like is that for 6 months stamp. I am planing to move london using eurotrain from milano to London. what will be the best option. I am traveling with my EEA national wife and she have Italian passport with my name on it. I got schengen visa multiple and EU family member written on it. one more thing do I need travel and medical insurance for EU traveling note I already got the visa on the behalf of EU family member. please advice me with your previous experience.

many thanks in advance

regards
Faisal

salmuzeey

Post by salmuzeey » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:26 pm

fasi2530 wrote:
Nina Roche wrote:I traveled from Paris to London, by Eurostar with my husband (EEA national). No FP (one expired), no COA but I applied for EEA FM.
Hi Nina

for how long your EEA dependent ink stamp it will be like is that for 6 months stamp. I am planing to move london using eurotrain from milano to London. what will be the best option. I am traveling with my EEA national wife and she have Italian passport with my name on it. I got schengen visa multiple and EU family member written on it. one more thing do I need travel and medical insurance for EU traveling note I already got the visa on the behalf of EU family member. please advice me with your previous experience.

many thanks in advance

regards
Hey Fasi

My wife is about to login her EEA FP application but we are a bit unsure as someone told me from this forum that i have to wait for another 3 months from the time i get my CSI do u know any such requirements? Would u advise us to get code 1A from Germany(we are planning a visit) to UK rather than the EEA FP ?

Nina Roche
China

Post by Nina Roche » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:55 pm

fasi2530 wrote:
Hi Nina

many thanks in advance

regards
Hi Fasi, it is 6 months stamp. I think the most important documents to get in UK border are marriage certificate (to prove your relationship with EEA national), passports for both (for both). The rest maybe help though. I have an expired EEA FP on my passport. But I don't know whether that helps or not. About medical insurance, I never thought about it and did not take it. Nobody asked me about it. This is just my opinion based on my experience. I hope it helps. However, if you have time, I guess a EEA FP is the best way.

fasi2530

Post by fasi2530 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:49 am

Nina Roche wrote:
fasi2530 wrote:
Hi Nina

many thanks in advance

regards
Hi Fasi, it is 6 months stamp. I think the most important documents to get in UK border are marriage certificate (to prove your relationship with EEA national), passports for both (for both). The rest maybe help though. I have an expired EEA FP on my passport. But I don't know whether that helps or not. About medical insurance, I never thought about it and did not take it. Nobody asked me about it. This is just my opinion based on my experience. I hope it helps. However, if you have time, I guess a EEA FP is the best way.
Hi Nina

Thanks very much for your reply. I applied 3 times for the EEA FP. but they refused my application and my wife is not feeling well to live here in 45 degree centigrade country. she is not well here and that why I plan to apply for EEA Dependent stamp on the border.

could you please advice me what would be the best option to get in UK. (using eurostar train or eurostar Bus). and if they ask question like

1- what is the purpose of the stay in UK ?
2- and how long you gonna stay in UK ?

please advice me as I want all the suggestions which I need to follow.

I am very tensed right now .
Faisal

fasi2530

Post by fasi2530 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:54 am

salmuzeey wrote:
fasi2530 wrote:
Hi Nina

many thanks in advance

regards
Hey Fasi

My wife is about to login her EEA FP application but we are a bit unsure as someone told me from this forum that i have to wait for another 3 months from the time i get my CSI do u know any such requirements? Would u advise us to get code 1A from Germany(we are planning a visit) to UK rather than the EEA FP ?
Hi

I dont know about the 3 months wait as the proper time is 15 working days so you must apply EEA FP which is important and I must say you wont get any problem if you apply from Germany. and I dont know about CSI requirements.
Faisal

fasi2530

Post by fasi2530 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:00 am

fokus wrote:mmalinconia, how was your travel?

Hi

could you please advice me what would be the best option to get in UK. (using eurostar train or eurostar Bus) from Milan, Italy. and if they ask question like

Faisal

mgb

Post by mgb » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:14 pm

1 - exercising right of free movement
2 - it is not decided yet

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:27 pm

fasi2530 wrote:... and if they ask question like

1) why not reply with (brief) summary of your reason/s for travel to UK;
2) why not reply with ballpark estimate of your intended schedule in UK;
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

mgb

Post by mgb » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:14 pm

Why give a officer the chance to deny?
There is simply the right for 90 days in a 180 days period.

Laysz
Newly Registered

Post by Laysz » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:41 pm

Hi, I would like an advice about my case. I'm a tier 4 student here, and I'm married with a spanish. I need to go to Brazil (my home country) for 1 week to take some documents, so, I dont have enough time to do a family permit there. My husband is a qualified person here (as worker), and I would like to know if I can go to Brazil and when come back ask for an EEA dependant Ink Stamp (code 1a Stamp) in the heathrow airport (my flights are: Brazil - Frankfurt - London Heathrow). I will do EEA2 when I arrive, I cant do it now because I need my passport to travel. I will be with our marriage certification, his payslips, my payslips, our joint account bank statements, his banks statmenets, my bank statements, a letter from his employer, a letter from my husband, saying I'm coming to join him and a copy of his passport too.

fasi2530

Post by fasi2530 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:06 pm

mgb wrote:Why give a officer the chance to deny?
There is simply the right for 90 days in a 180 days period.
Hi Thanks for the answer. actually I don't want to give the chance to officer but I heard that its an 6 month code stamp. I ask the question just to confirm that if any office ask this question then what to answer them. your answers are good to understand.

thanks.
Faisal

Nina Roche
China

Post by Nina Roche » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:31 am

fasi2530 wrote:

Hi Nina

Thanks very much for your reply. I applied 3 times for the EEA FP. but they refused my application and my wife is not feeling well to live here in 45 degree centigrade country. she is not well here and that why I plan to apply for EEA Dependent stamp on the border.

could you please advice me what would be the best option to get in UK. (using eurostar train or eurostar Bus). and if they ask question like

Sorry that they refused your application. Would you explain on what ground? as I thought under the law, if your wife, eea national, is coming with you together in the UK, you are supposed to have the right to get EEA FP to clear entrance

Regarding your questions: the officer in the window asked me 1st question. My answer was we are living in the UK, and I included our council tax paper as evidence. So 2nd question was not asked. Then he asked why we left the UK. My answer was as my husband is a French, his family is here. We just came back for a family event. Certainly, every word is truth.

However, regardless whether he would ask or not. Every time I go from Paris to London, there was a small paper requires you to fill in, which include these two questions. But I think you just need to tell the truth.

fasi2530

Post by fasi2530 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:11 am

Nina Roche wrote:
fasi2530 wrote:

Hi Nina

Sorry that they refused your application. Would you explain on what ground? as I thought under the law, if your wife, eea national, is coming with you together in the UK, you are supposed to have the right to get EEA FP to clear entrance

Regarding your questions: the officer in the window asked me 1st question. My answer was we are living in the UK, and I included our council tax paper as evidence. So 2nd question was not asked. Then he asked why we left the UK. My answer was as my husband is a French, his family is here. We just came back for a family event. Certainly, every word is truth.

However, regardless whether he would ask or not. Every time I go from Paris to London, there was a small paper requires you to fill in, which include these two questions. But I think you just need to tell the truth.

Hi Nina

thanks for your reply.

grounds of refusal are strange. me and my wife are in contact since 10 years almost and this is a big time so we did use different email addresses. they said that your gf call you husband or your wife so we have doubt that your relation is genuine. we told them that if you are not satisfied then you must call us for interview but they did not. my wife is not feeling well here in Pakistan that's why. I hope all things will go fine in sha ALLAH.
Faisal