ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Case Worker Letter Requesting Evidence of EEA Partner Treaty

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Khan1980

Case Worker Letter Requesting Evidence of EEA Partner Treaty

Post by Khan1980 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:02 am

Hi Guys ...

Today I got letter from Case Worker dated (07/07/15) asking for more documents regarding my EEA spouse evidence of treaty rights and proof of address for cohabitation for the period I am claiming to count as legal and continuous. ( 5 Years Student + PSW + EEA Residence Card)

I have almost all the documents and actually was waiting for the request by case worker for further documents.
He has requested Original documents which is not an issue except passport as my wife just went for holidays for 3 weeks abroad with my child.

Whats the best way for my EEA spouse to send me the passport , DHL , directly post the passport to Case Worker or take a flight back to UK.
And also I dont have utilities bills for all of our addresses as most of it was inclusive in the Rent , I have joint tenancy agreements , Some joint council taxes , Individual Bank statements , Mobile bills and few other documents , such as college letters for my EEA partner.
She is employed part time since Dec 2013 ( Payslips , Employer Letter , Bank Statements with Wages coming in) + Self Assessment for the period she was self Employed (Address is for my mother in law as she was registered with HMRC there longtime ago) , Accountant Letter + Invoices.
Can it be a problem that HMRC address was different than our current address on Self Assessments??
I would appreciate any guidance or experience by members.

Regards
Khan

vinny

Re: Case Worker Letter Requesting Evidence of EEA Partner Tr

Post by vinny » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:12 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:22 am

You are right. But again this may be good law in the context of an application under the regulations, as there are guidance to that effect, but I am not sure it is applicable under a long residence application, which has no basis in EU law.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:44 am

Obie wrote:
You are right. But again this may be good law in the context of an application under the regulations, as there are guidance to that effect, but I am not sure it is applicable under a long residence application, which has no basis in EU law.
Thanks Obie , Vinny ....

My residence in UK is under EU regulations and I am claiming the period of 3.5 Years as legal for 10 years long residence. So does the case referred above still applies to me?? Original passport can be provided if not providing can cause a refusal by case worker but what could be the best way of getting it or providing it to case worker from abroad???
And also plz look into other part of post as well regarding addresses and cohabitation proof and advise me.
I would appreciate your time guys.

Regards
Khan

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:28 am

I think you should exactly follow the letter as what exactly the case worker has demanded and try to strictly comply with it.

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:22 am

Universal soldier wrote:I think you should exactly follow the letter as what exactly the case worker has demanded and try to strictly comply with it.
Thanks universal soldier for ur time and reply...
Yeah I will provide original passport and will try my best to follow the letter , what do u think of cohabitation proof , I dont have much for 3 years and nothing is joint. Any advice on it plz?

Regards
Khan

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:16 pm

I think for cohabitation proof you can collect evidences from different simple sources even not joint but same address like bank statements on same address, tenancy agreement, mobile bills, payslips/p60, vote registration etc.

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:16 pm

Khan1980 wrote:
Universal soldier wrote:I think you should exactly follow the letter as what exactly the case worker has demanded and try to strictly comply with it.
Thanks universal soldier for ur time and reply...
Yeah I will provide original passport and will try my best to follow the letter , what do u think of cohabitation proof , I dont have much for 3 years and nothing is joint. Any advice on it plz?

Regards
Khan
Thanks again , I really appreciate your time. Yeah I will give them everything what I have , And I hope everything will be Okay.
I have my wife Self Assessments addressed on my mother in laws home as we stayed there for 6 months and didnt change the address with HMRC. But I didnt mention that address in the SET (LR) form for 5 years history. And I do have some proof of addresses for us on my mother in law address , should I send these as well , other wise I will have gap of 6 months cohabitation , What do u suggest plz???