ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric invitation urgent query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

theaviator380

Biometric invitation urgent query

Post by theaviator380 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:34 pm

Hello,

I received acknowledgment letter today through the post and biometric invitation letter for my wife (dates 8th July). I am really shocked that me, my wife and daughter (2.5 yrs old) applied together and I did not receive biometric invitation !

Can someone shed some light please? is this normal or some genuine error by HO ? Are we okay to proceed with her biometric rather than waiting for mine?

Please advise me on this.

Thanks.

uk_law_expert
Newly Registered

Re: Biometric invitation urgent query

Post by uk_law_expert » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:07 am

Your situation is quite common. To shed some light, this usually means when families who apply together and only one receives the biometric letter, the other application(s) has been refused. Don't worry, the home office will refund your ceremony fee. Be sure you make arrangements to leave the country within 28 days or else the HO will send you a bill to your wife if they have to remove you forcefully. Good luck.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:28 am

Ignore this appalling advice from someone who has 'law expert' in their user name. This is their first post on the forum and I suspect they may not be with us for much longer. Absolute rubbish to tell someone who has applied for BC that if it is refused they will be removed from the UK! Neither does the fact that only your wife has received a Biometric letter mean that you and your children have been refused citizenship. You're likely to receive the other letters in the next few days.

created4luv Any further posts like your first one (which appears to be malicious) and your membership will be terminated.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Loughborough
Newly Registered

Post by Loughborough » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:33 am

Hi there

Same in my case. My wife and son got their biometric letter on 6th July dated 2nd July. On 8th July we got mine and daughters but surprisingly got wife and son's again' all dated 3rd July. Not sure what Home Office is doing. On 8th we also got the acknowledgment letter regarding taking of payment.

So I am sure you will get other letters soon. All the best.

theaviator380

Post by theaviator380 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:04 pm

@ uk_law_expert

Thanks a lot for sarcastic ill witted humor.

@ Casa and Loughbourough

Many thanks for your reply, really appreciated. As you both predicted my daughter and I received Biometric invitation letter this morning. We were just about to leave for post office for my wife's biometric and letter came through the post box. Kind of relieved.

So yes biometric done. Hoping for next steps to as smoothly as possible :) It's very difficult to guess as there must so many parameters which can affect the whole process !

Thanks again.

Aviator.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:12 pm

Good news...all going in the right direction for you. :)
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

theaviator380

Post by theaviator380 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:30 pm

Thanks Casa !

Loughborough
Newly Registered

Post by Loughborough » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:09 am

Nice to know that you got yours and daughter's and then perfect timing!

Another step completed.

All the best.