ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

i need an urgent advice please!!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hashhegde
Newly Registered

i need an urgent advice please!!!

Post by hashhegde » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:23 am

hi there, i suppose to apply for ILR but when i checked my passport, it was getting expired. i sent my passport for renewal but they told me it will take 3 weeks. now my college was revoked in the end of march 2015. i spoke to my class friends and they told me that they have already received curtailement letter. i got worried and i called home office and they told me that no letter has been sent to you. its been a month now my friends got their letter but not me. my question is how come it is possible that they have received the letters but not me. kindly help me out and advice me as my solicitor told me to relax but if i get overstayer then will not able to apply ILR 10 years route. what i am thinking is maybe home office system is not updated? they have my current address so no way to miss the delivery.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: i need an urgent advice please!!!

Post by TODMATT » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:32 am

hashhegde wrote:hi there, i suppose to apply for ILR but when i checked my passport, it was getting expired. i sent my passport for renewal but they told me it will take 3 weeks. now my college was revoked in the end of march 2015. i spoke to my class friends and they told me that they have already received curtailement letter. i got worried and i called home office and they told me that no letter has been sent to you. its been a month now my friends got their letter but not me. my question is how come it is possible that they have received the letters but not me. kindly help me out and advice me as my solicitor told me to relax but if i get overstayer then will not able to apply ILR 10 years route. what i am thinking is maybe home office system is not updated? they have my current address so no way to miss the delivery.
When is your ILR due ? And have you received your passport yet? Your solicitor can write a covered letter on your behalf explaining the situation. Everything with the UKBA today is a waiting game cause if you called their office, no response until 72 hours or so if you are lucky. Just wait........
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

hashhegde
Newly Registered

Post by hashhegde » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:21 pm

TODMATT wrote:
hashhegde wrote:hi there, i suppose to apply for ILR but when i checked my passport, it was getting expired. i sent my passport for renewal but they told me it will take 3 weeks. now my college was revoked in the end of march 2015. i spoke to my class friends and they told me that they have already received curtailement letter. i got worried and i called home office and they told me that no letter has been sent to you. its been a month now my friends got their letter but not me. my question is how come it is possible that they have received the letters but not me. kindly help me out and advice me as my solicitor told me to relax but if i get overstayer then will not able to apply ILR 10 years route. what i am thinking is maybe home office system is not updated? they have my current address so no way to miss the delivery.
When is your ILR due ? And have you received your passport yet? Your solicitor can write a covered letter on your behalf explaining the situation. Everything with the UKBA today is a waiting game cause if you called their office, no response until 72 hours or so if you are lucky. Just wait........

its already due from 8th july 2015. i will get my passport after two weeks. well i did call them and they told me that nothing been issued. my only concern is if they said nothing is issued then is their system updated or not? almost all of my friends got letter except me is quite scary.

mnaeem126
inactive

Post by mnaeem126 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:40 pm

Why not you apply without new passport. At least you have got old passports showing your 10 yrs stay which is the requirement. To have a valid passport is not the requirement since the Biometric card is introduced. Your solicitor can explain in the cover letter even in the application form there is option to tick if your passports are expired. Expired passport would is not a bigger problem as far as the overstay or curtailment letter could be. If I would be the you I would have certainly applied for ILR LR. When I would have the new passport, I would send it to home office. If you are applying by post, you would receive your acknowledgement letter and biometric letter in one month so you would be having new passport definitely. I would say NEVER put yourself in risk, play the safe game.