ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling from Dublin to UK

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

khanz

Travelling from Dublin to UK

Post by khanz » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:08 am

Hi All,

I am a British citizen and working in Ireland. My wife is Non EEA national and holds Indefinite Leave to Remain in UK. She came to visit me in Dublin via Belfast, so does not have any entry stamp in the passport. Now we intend to fly back from Dublin to UK. Would it be possible to take a Ryanair or Aerlingus flight to UK?

Thx

DiegoUK

Re: Travelling from Dublin to UK

Post by DiegoUK » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:50 am

1) This is assumption
2) If she's in the system it will be okay

khanz

Post by khanz » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:21 am

Please explain.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:09 pm

@khanz - you can travel by air. There is nothing you need to do to re-enter the UK as you have a British passport and your partner has Indefinite Leave to Remain and presumably has proof of visa status with her. Makes no difference if she does not have stamps in her passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

DiegoUK

Post by DiegoUK » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:02 pm

^^ THIS ^^

khanz

Post by khanz » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:23 pm

Hi CR001,

Thanks for your reply. She does not have Irish visa but definitely has UK ILR stamp in her passport. So, according to your reply, I assume this is enough for her to fly from Dublin to UK. I also assume that the airline in Dublin won't be verifying if she has visa for Ireland or not?

Thx

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:05 am

khanz wrote:Hi CR001,

Thanks for your reply. She does not have Irish visa but definitely has UK ILR stamp in her passport. So, according to your reply, I assume this is enough for her to fly from Dublin to UK. I also assume that the airline in Dublin won't be verifying if she has visa for Ireland or not?

Thx
no one bothers if you have the Irish visa stamp if you're exiting the state in as much as you have your visa to enter the country of your entry (in your case, the UK). You guys are very okay to fly from Dublin airport to the UK without any worries as no one checks for Irish visas on exit from Ireland.

khanz

Post by khanz » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:12 pm

Thanks all, for your replies.