ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR- 10 years route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kanu13
Newly Registered

ILR- 10 years route

Post by Kanu13 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:03 am

Hi
I am wondering if anyone can help please. I entered this country as Student dependent mid July 2006 and after that was changed to PSW dependent and then Tier 1 dependent. My ten years get completed mid July 2016 however my current visa expires mid April 2016. My husband cannot apply under ten years as he had a gap of nine months where he went to home country as his mom was quite ill. And he cannot go via tier 1 route either as he doesn't meet the current package requirements. What r my options ? Should I take a chance and file in April? What r my chances of getting ILR? If it gets rejected will I get right to appeal and will my case stand any chance in the appeal? And can my husband switch from tier 1 to tier 4 for a course in college as I read somewhere current degree should be higher than one he did before in UK?
And lastly if I go back whilst my visa is still valid and come as student to cover the gap will that be an option?