ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT - Switch to dependent & Visitor Visa query.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

satish.thiagarajan
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT - Switch to dependent & Visitor Visa query.

Post by satish.thiagarajan » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:38 am

Hi All,

First time post.. and need your advice. Not sure if this question fits in this area or needs moving to appropriate location - mods need ur help :)

I am currently holding a TIER 2 ICT long term visa valid until Jan 2017 and my wife is holding a Tier 2 General (got it 10 days back, whoop whoop) valid for 5 years.

I do understand that I can change to a dependent visa, hoping to do it in the next 2 months. Based on this context I have 2 questions,
QUESTION 1 Currently working for a company under TIER 2 ICT, when should I apply for dependent visa,
(a) is it after i re-assign this company and apply dependent visa (am i allowed to stay in UK till i get the visa)
or
(b) apply for visa without re-signing from the current company and get dependent visa, inform my company and re-sign?

QUESTION 2 Lets say I initiate my parents VISITOR Visa based on my documents (Tier 2 ICT) and after 2 or 3 months i decide to move to dependent visa, what happens to their visitor visa, is it still valid or they need to return?

Thanks for all your advices and appreciate your time for reading... 8)

satish.thiagarajan
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 ICT - Switch to dependent & Visitor Visa query.

Post by satish.thiagarajan » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:24 pm

Any replies please..!!