ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HOME OFFICE problems or...

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

szebah
Newly Registered

HOME OFFICE problems or...

Post by szebah » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:48 am

Here's how it goes.

Me and a friend want to immigrate to London as soon as possible. My buddy is a friend of a respectable family in LONDON (the wife is a priest there) that told him not to worry as she will take care of everything. We told ourselves that is OK and we started waiting.

Two weeks later she calls my friend and tells him that there is no problem as she found us jobs (my friend is a professional physiotherapist with good results in Romania and UK and I work in IT domain for now) and there is no problem aswell regarding a place to stay there.

The only problem would be (as she said) that the HOME OFFICE no longer provides WORK PERMITS (yes we are from Romania) and that she is looking for a legal way for us to work. We want to go there and work legally as we don’t want any problems with law.

As I read here and on the other forums many people obtained their WORK PERMIT pretty easy. Does the fact that we come from Romania remains a problem or is this family to polite to refuze helping my friend and me?

Any solutions to this problem are highly appreciated. Please excuse my english and let me know if you don’t understand what I wrote above.

Thank you in advance.

labush
Newly Registered

Post by labush » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:13 pm

Hey man I`m an engineer from Romania too. My company applied in 10 August for work permit. They have no answer yet. I think because I`m romanian too.

szebah
Newly Registered

Post by szebah » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:12 am

Probably the fact that we are romanian's is associated with gipsy's (a kind of a facial discrimination) and this might be the HOME OFFICE way to tell us that we don't fit the bill there. Who knows.

Any more opinions?

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:43 pm

You might want to consider HSMP, if you qualify for it

bibbay
Newly Registered

pina colada

Post by bibbay » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:56 am

szebah wrote:Probably the fact that we are romanian's is associated with gipsy's (a kind of a facial discrimination) and this might be the HOME OFFICE way to tell us that we don't fit the bill there. Who knows.

Any more opinions?
it is a ladies drink..

philgeorge999

Post by philgeorge999 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:55 pm

The requirement is that Romanian (and Bulgarian) citizens apply for a work permit or HSMP visa before they are able to work in the UK. If you qualify for one, based on your skills, qualifications and experience, AND GIVEN THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE VISA then they will grant it. Otherwise they will not. The UK immigration authorities are generally fair and they follow the rules set down by Parliament. They are not institutionally dearly beloved.

szebah wrote:Probably the fact that we are romanian's is associated with gipsy's (a kind of a facial discrimination) and this might be the HOME OFFICE way to tell us that we don't fit the bill there. Who knows.

Any more opinions?

kayac00
Newly Registered

Post by kayac00 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:02 pm

My husband is romanian and working in IT in Northern Ireland part of UK for 4 years now he has had no discrimination because he is romanian.

The work permit is only available if no person can be found inside the whole of EU for the position or if you have a tier one skill that is in demand in the UK.

Hope you get some good news soon

Kay

labush
Newly Registered

Post by labush » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:19 am

Kayac 00 , Romania and Bulgaria are in the EU but their citizens are not allowed to work in UK. This is first discrimination .....

kayac00
Newly Registered

Post by kayac00 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:26 am

Labush yes I know that Romania and Bulgaria are in the EU now from Jan 07 I just signed a petition saying that you as romanians and bulgarians should have the same treatment as everyone else in the EU right to work :)

James.Dunlop
Site Admin
United Kingdom

Romanina Solutions

Post by James.Dunlop » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:15 am

Dear All

At workpermit.com we have helped many Romanian and Bulgarian nationals establish themselves in the UK. Rather than work permit or HSMP routes, you should consider setting yourselves up as freelance suppliers of services. We can then take the ECAA route.

Plese feel free to mail me on james.dunlop@workpermit.com for further details

All the best

James
James Dunlop

mailto:james.dunlop@jdunlop.com