ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Garda investigation question

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Peace2804
Newly Registered

Garda investigation question

Post by Peace2804 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:51 am

Hi all,

I am planning to apply for the Irish citizenship soon as I lived in the country for over 5 years on a stamp 4 visa, during my stay in the country I had two situations with the gards, I am unsure if they need to be added:

First situation, I touched a car from behind, it was a very slight touch, there was no damage to either car, no injuries, there was nothing...I insisted to call the gards as I was worried that the other person will exagerate the incident and make a claim, the gard checked insurances, tax discs, NCT and licences, took his notes and that was it, I never heard of him or the other guy after.

The second situation is about a burglary, my house was attacked and I called the gards, gave a statement and so on.

I have 3 questions: should I tick yes in the naturalisation form where it asks whether I have been under Garda investigation, should I mention both situations and finally how can the first incident affect my application.

Thanks

DiegoUK

Re: Garda investigation question

Post by DiegoUK » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:43 pm

No, no and it can't. This is not what they are asking, but if you have been in trouble. 'Under Garda investigation' means under suspicion of being involved in a crime.

Beachboy

Post by Beachboy » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:00 pm

You can send them an email and ask in order to be on the safe side.
citizenshipinfo@justice.ie

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:45 pm

Peace2804 wrote:Hi all,

I am planning to apply for the Irish citizenship soon as I lived in the country for over 5 years on a stamp 4 visa, during my stay in the country I had two situations with the gards, I am unsure if they need to be added:

First situation, I touched a car from behind, it was a very slight touch, there was no damage to either car, no injuries, there was nothing...I insisted to call the gards as I was worried that the other person will exagerate the incident and make a claim, the gard checked insurances, tax discs, NCT and licences, took his notes and that was it, I never heard of him or the other guy after.

The second situation is about a burglary, my house was attacked and I called the gards, gave a statement and so on.

I have 3 questions: should I tick yes in the naturalisation form where it asks whether I have been under Garda investigation, should I mention both situations and finally how can the first incident affect my application.

Thanks
In the simplest terms, have you come to the adverse attention of the Gardi (been involved in criminal activities or investigations)??? With your above submission, the answer is NO!!
So you DO NOT need to tick YES on your application when applying!

Peace2804
Newly Registered

Post by Peace2804 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:52 pm

KingdomMan wrote:
Peace2804 wrote:Hi all,

Thanks
In the simplest terms, have you come to the adverse attention of the Gardi (been involved in criminal activities or investigations)??? With your above submission, the answer is NO!!
So you DO NOT need to tick YES on your application when applying!
I sent in my application and ticked no in all the boxes, to remain on the safe side I mentioned these two incidents in the comment box by giving a brief explanation of the situation and by adding the names of both Gardi, do you think that this will delay my application? cheers.