ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Things to be confirmed for Dependent VISA

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

krishaned
Newly Registered

Things to be confirmed for Dependent VISA

Post by krishaned » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:32 pm

Hi there,
My wife has been in the UK for 5 years (Tier 2 General) and applying for ILR this month. I came to the UK on Tier 2 Dependent VISA, which expires in September. So, I am applying for an extension.

Could someone please confirm a couple of things when applying for dependent VISA:

1. Which form should I fill- is it FLR(M) ?

2. How do I apply for BRP? Will it be done at the same time I apply for VISA?

3. For English Requirement, do I need to provide a certificate from NARIC stating that my course (I have an MBA from Paris) was taught in English? Or do I need to provide a Compatibility certificate from NARIC which certifies that my program is equivalent to Bachelors, Masters or PHD in the UK.

Thanks a lot.

Regards
Krishan

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Things to be confirmed for Dependent VISA

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:02 pm

krishaned wrote:Hi there,
My wife has been in the UK for 5 years (Tier 2 General) and applying for ILR this month. I came to the UK on Tier 2 Dependent VISA, which expires in September. So, I am applying for an extension.

Could someone please confirm a couple of things when applying for dependent VISA:

1. Which form should I fill- is it FLR(M) ? When did you arrive in the UK as a Tier 2 Dep? You can continue to extend your Tier 2 Dependent visa until you qualify for ILR. If you switch to FLR(M), it will reset your clock to zero and you will have to wait 5 years (2 X 2.5 year visas) on FLR(M).

2. How do I apply for BRP? Will it be done at the same time I apply for VISA? It is part of the application process. You don't apply for BRP before your extend/apply for further leave to remain.

3. For English Requirement, do I need to provide a certificate from NARIC stating that my course (I have an MBA from Paris) was taught in English? Or do I need to provide a Compatibility certificate from NARIC which certifies that my program is equivalent to Bachelors, Masters or PHD in the UK.

Thanks a lot.

Regards
Krishan
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

krishaned
Newly Registered

Post by krishaned » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:28 pm

Thanks a lot CR001. Could you please tell me which form should I fill for extending my Tier 2 dependent VISA?

Thanks
Krishan

krishaned
Newly Registered

Post by krishaned » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:59 pm

Thanks, I figured out: PBS form to extend my VISA.

But would you know whether I need to pay health surcharge?

Thanks
Krishan

mnaeem126
inactive

Post by mnaeem126 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:07 pm

yes