ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What is the best country for SSR?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zulakam
Newly Registered

What is the best country for SSR?

Post by zulakam » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:29 pm

Hi there,
How did you choose country to do surinder singh route? Does it matter at all as long as I can find a job? I heard that some countries issue family permits easier than others, what is your experience? I will be reuniting with my mother.

Thanks!

secret.simon

Re: What is the best country for SSR?

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:22 pm

It says something about my age when my first reaction to your question was that all SSRs ceased with the end of the USSR in 1991.

From the comments on this forum, most people tend to do the Surinder Singh route via Ireland. It is geographically the closest, there are no border checks, it is English-speaking, etc.

Danchak reunited with his mother in Belgium, but I believe that he was based there for about five years, so quite well-settled. Another user (whose name I can not remember) did it via Spain as he was a native Spanish speaker as well.

You may want to read the first post of this thread to understand the level of documentation that will be needed for the Surinder Singh route.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:41 pm

secret.simon wrote:It says something about my age when my first reaction to your question was that all SSRs ceased with the end of the USSR in 1991.

From the comments on this forum, most people tend to do the Surinder Singh route via Ireland. It is geographically the closest, there are no border checks, it is English-speaking, etc.

Danchak reunited with his mother in Belgium, but I believe that he was based there for about five years, so quite well-settled. Another user (whose name I can not remember) did it via Spain as he was a native Spanish speaker as well.

You may want to read the first post of this thread to understand the level of documentation that will be needed for the Surinder Singh route.
Lol - I was thinking 'Sovetskikh Sotsialisticheskikh Respublik' too!!

Be aware though jobs are hard to find in the Republic (sic) but there's always Cyprus and Malta and some sun. There's none at all in Ireland.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

DanChak

Post by DanChak » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:57 am

Recently, candy2012 reunited with his mother and brought her to UK after working in Germany. All within 3 months.

zulakam
Newly Registered

Post by zulakam » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:10 am

Hi everyone,
Thanks for your responses! Funny that, I am from SSR! From Russia :-)
The reason I am asking is because when I translate immigration requirements of different EU countries they all seem to have slight differences. Some require 1 year worth of dependency proof others that parent is at least 65 years old?

What is your experience? My mum has only become dependent on me 1 month ago when dad passed away. Should I rather build up bank transfer history before even moving to Europe?

I am surprised to hear about Germany as I thought that it's one of the toughest countries to enter on family reunion visa..

Could you please try to remember who went via Spain? It's my top choice so far but I have got very little information on their requirements.

Thanks!

DanChak

Post by DanChak » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:56 am

It does not matter which EU country you move to, the application for your mother will be under EU free movement directive.

When you move to work in the EU your mother applies for a Schengen Visa for the family member of an EU/EEA Citizen (Directive 2004/38/EC) - which is issued free of charge and in an expedited manner.

Once she is in EU, then apply for a Residence Card for the Family Member of an EU/EEA Citizen (Article 10 RC)

Once your mother has been living with you in EU as your non EU dependant family member you then apply for the family permit to bring her to the UK - this permit would be issued under Regulation 9 (Singh) and, as things currently stand, to qualify you (the UK Citizen) needs to have been a worker in the EU state.

The dependency need not be financial only. If your father is no more that should also count in proving that your mother is dependent on you.

zulakam
Newly Registered

Post by zulakam » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:05 am

Thanks a lot DanChak.

What documents will I have to show to prove mum's dependency on me? I have a sister in Russia and some real estate in my name where my mum resides at the moment. Do I have to prove her dependency twice - to EU country and to UK? In case of UK - her living with me for 6 months in Europe is already a proof of dependency, right?

DanChak

Post by DanChak » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:10 am

zulakam wrote:Thanks a lot DanChak.

What documents will I have to show to prove mum's dependency on me? I have a sister in Russia and some real estate in my name where my mum resides at the moment. Do I have to prove her dependency twice - to EU country and to UK? In case of UK - her living with me for 6 months in Europe is already a proof of dependency, right?
I guess the easiest to prove is financial dependency by regular transfers to your mothers bank account. You can also show the details of your residential property in your name that your mother lives in. Once your mother actually moves to live with you in the EU country, dependency is easier to prove whenever she applies to come to the UK.