ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

4EU Fam Query While I am on 4EUFam stamp myself

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

roddy1984

4EU Fam Query While I am on 4EUFam stamp myself

Post by roddy1984 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:46 pm

Hi All
I just got approval of 4EUFAM Permanent Resistance Card for 10 years on my Individual basis because i got divorced from my X EU wife. My question is can I sponsor my Parents in Ireland as extended family member of me holding 4EUFAM? I have all proves that they are financially depending on me. I am sending them money on regular basis back my home country. Is EU Treaty rights allow me to apply for my parents while I am on 4EUFAM stamp myslef? Any feed back will be highly appreciated......

roddy1984

Re: 4EU Fam Query While I am on 4EUFam stamp myself

Post by roddy1984 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:47 am

Any personal experience or feed back will be welcome & highly appreciated....

gorgeous
Ireland

Post by gorgeous » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:00 pm

Hi!

To be honest, I do not see any problem with that. Also, I would like to ask you something, when you got divorced, how many years did you have already on a Stamp 4 EUFAM, to be approved? And why 10 years?
If you're holding a Stamp 4 EUFAM after 5 years you can apply for naturalisation, right?

roddy1984

Post by roddy1984 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:05 am

@ gorgeous.... I got divorced after I was nearly over three and half years on 4EUFAM Stamp.
I got 10 Years 4EUFAM Stamp (Permanent Resistance ) because I applied for it 6 months before my first 5 years 4EUFAM expired. By EUTR you are untitled to apply for (Permanent Resistance) 4EUFAM 6 month before you 5 Years 4EUFAM stamp expires. I applied for PR in January 2015 & I also applied for Irish Naturalisation after exact 1826 days on Temp 4Stamp & 4EUFAM Stamp in March 2015. As you know they have to take decision on any EUTR application in 6 months, so they approve mine exact after 6 months & for Naturalisation my application is under process from last 3 months.

"Personally my self I just want to clear that even I am divorced from my X EU Wife, am I still entitled to sponsor my non EU parents as extended family members of mine? "

gorgeous
Ireland

Post by gorgeous » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:38 am

Hi @roddy1984!

Thank you for your reply!

Well, since you are a permanent resident already I do not see any problem on applying for it. But if I were you I would definitely wait for the naturalisation and as soon as you become Irish citizen you apply for you family to be here with you.