ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for Tier 2 General from Tier 4 ACCA with gap

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Beeeuk
Newly Registered

Apply for Tier 2 General from Tier 4 ACCA with gap

Post by Beeeuk » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:49 pm

Hi! I got accepted from my employer to sponsor me with COS but I have a situation and want to make it clear before apply:
I completed my master in 2011, after that I got PSW and then applied for Tier 4 again to study ACCA (not completed yet), now I got an offer and employer can sponsor me for tier 2 but I had a gap for 9 months came back to my country on my PSW visa (due to health problem so I couldn't come back UK sooner)
---> can I apply for tier2 with COS inside UK or I have to apply outside UK with RCOS?

I have medical documents that can prove for my time gap on my PSW (I intent to come back my country for only 4 months due to my parent's health problem but after that I got serious illness and had to stay 4 more months for treatment as my doctor said I couldn't come back UK without treatment!) ---> Will UKVI accept my situation?

Furthermore, in 2012-2013 when I got my Tier 1 PSW I couldn't find any job as I expected to have a job relevant with my experience and qualification so I didn't work at all - just applied and waiting for a chance ---> will this affect my application as I did not work and pay any income tax in my NI?

If UKVI refuse my Tier 2 application, can I still continue study with my current Tier 4 visa which still have 8 months?

Please give me advice before I decide to apply!
Thank you so much for your help!

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Apply for Tier 2 General from Tier 4 ACCA with gap

Post by physicskate » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:10 pm

A Tier 2 application has nothing to do with your Tier 1 PSW... the only relevant category for the switch is your current visa. Your absence will impact an ILR application in the future based on long residence.

You will need an RCOS and to pass the RLMT because a switch from ACCA is not exempt from RLMT (you need to complete a degree or postgraduate degree). Because you haven't finished the qualification, ukvi will only accept an application from outside the UK.

These are my two cents. Others can feel free to correct me...

fx125

Post by fx125 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:52 pm

physicskate wrote:A Tier 2 application has nothing to do with your Tier 1 PSW... the only relevant category for the switch is your current visa. Your absence will impact an ILR application in the future based on long residence.

You will need an RCOS and to pass the RLMT because a switch from ACCA is not exempt from RLMT (you need to complete a degree or postgraduate degree). Because you haven't finished the qualification, ukvi will only accept an application from outside the UK.

These are my two cents. Others can feel free to correct me...
The ACCA is not a degree itself, so even if u finish it, u cannot switch to T2, you need to come home to apply, using RCoS, given that ur employer pass RLMT

Beeeuk
Newly Registered

Post by Beeeuk » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:35 pm

But I read on UKVI website and they stated that:

"You can only switch into Tier 2 if you meet the following criteria:
 you must have successfully completed and passed a UK recognised bachelor’s or
master’s degree, Postgraduate Certificate in Education or Professional Graduate
Diploma of Education or have completed a minimum of 12 months study in the UK
towards a UK PhD during your current period of leave or a period of continuous leave (A period of continuous leave includes grants of entry clearance where you applied no more than 28 days after your
previous leave lapsed and/or any periods of overstaying in the UK of no more than 28 days.)

which includes your last grant of leave; and
 you studied for the eligible award at a UK institution that is a UK recognised or listed
body, or an education provider which holds a licence for sponsoring students under
Tier 4 of the Points-Based System; and
 you are applying from inside the UK"

----> So they will accept my previous Master's degree if I have "a period of continuous leave" link between the time I got that certificate until now??? Am I correct? I just confuse about the time gap I got on my Tier 1 PSW

fx125

Post by fx125 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:14 pm

Beeeuk wrote:But I read on UKVI website and they stated that:

"You can only switch into Tier 2 if you meet the following criteria:
 you must have successfully completed and passed a UK recognised bachelor’s or
master’s degree, Postgraduate Certificate in Education or Professional Graduate
Diploma of Education or have completed a minimum of 12 months study in the UK
towards a UK PhD during your current period of leave or a period of continuous leave (A period of continuous leave includes grants of entry clearance where you applied no more than 28 days after your
previous leave lapsed and/or any periods of overstaying in the UK of no more than 28 days.)

which includes your last grant of leave; and
 you studied for the eligible award at a UK institution that is a UK recognised or listed
body, or an education provider which holds a licence for sponsoring students under
Tier 4 of the Points-Based System; and
 you are applying from inside the UK"

----> So they will accept my previous Master's degree if I have "a period of continuous leave" link between the time I got that certificate until now??? Am I correct? I just confuse about the time gap I got on my Tier 1 PSW
Hello, if the gap between ur old T4 and PWS, alongside PWS and current T4 is less then 28 days, that's fine

Beeeuk
Newly Registered

Post by Beeeuk » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:12 am

Thank you for your reply!
My Tier 4 - Tier 1 and my current Tier 4 visa are continously, I have no gap between them as I extended each one before the exp day of the previous one! I just confuse about 9 months away from UK on my Tier 1 PSW, will they accept my illness reason? If yes, my absence will reduce to 150 days <180 days ---> is that ok?
Will my employer has to do market test? or I can just use unretricted COS for applying?
Thank you so much!
P/S: anyone here apply Tier 2 visa from Tier 4 ACCA? Any result?
I want to ask before apply so I can decide to go for Tier 2 right away or Tier 4 Phd as each one will take time and if I failed Tier 2, I won't have time to apply for Phd! Go for a job now is always my 1st choice but UKVI seem really hard with their decision :(

Beeeuk
Newly Registered

Insurance health surcharge application - help!!!

Post by Beeeuk » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:12 pm

Hi!
1, When I registered to pay for Insurance Health Surcharge (IHS), it was asking for my COS start date and end date, I put on the start and end date which is from 31/07/2015 to 30/10/2015 and it came up with £100 fee for my application (but it was wrong as I am applying for Tier 2 General 3 years so I have to pay £600). I realised the mistake above BEFORE payment so this application was still blank on IHS reference number.
2, After that I created another application on the same account with (1) which I put start and end date of my contract with company from 01/09/2015 to 31/08/2018 and it came up with £600 I had to pay (I think It was correct as I have to pay £200 for 1 year staying here) and I got IHS reference number with this application which I'm using for apply now!
1 question is: How can I delete the application in (1) that I did not complete (I can find anywhere to edit or delete) or if I just leave it there, will it be affected my Tier2 application?
Thank you so much for your help!

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Re: Insurance health surcharge application - help!!!

Post by Shah1698 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:28 pm

It won't impact your application. Don't worry.
Shah