ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

question about british passport to daughter born in UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mrafeeq
Newly Registered

question about british passport to daughter born in UK

Post by mrafeeq » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:27 pm

I am going for ILR (same day service) on Aug1 2015. For my younger daughter i am not applying for ILR as she was born in UK. she has Indian passport now.

a) can she apply for british passport directly (after my ILR is succesful) or should she go for naturalisation first and then apply for british passport.

b) Lets assume after initial hassles she gets the British passport , Can she apply for Indian visa and travel to India on british passport (as we are planning to visit in Dec 15 i doubt if i can get the passport surrender and OCI done before my travel) . will there be any issues as she will have both British and Indian passport with her at the time.

Thanks in advance

LilyLalilu

Re: question about british passport to daughter born in UK

Post by LilyLalilu » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:36 pm

Once you got ILR, you need to apply for your daughter's registration as a British Citizen using form MN1.
Once successfully registered, you can then apply for a passport for her.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

mrafeeq
Newly Registered

Post by mrafeeq » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:39 am

BTW i forgot to mention my daughter is a minor aged 3

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:56 am

No British passport before being granted British citizenship! First citizenship, then passport!!

Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting
Life isn't fair, but you can be!