ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Assessment - ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bh.hari.krishna
Newly Registered

English Language Assessment - ILR

Post by bh.hari.krishna » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:05 am

Hi,
Could you please tell me if the below documents are sufficient to prove that the qualification was taught in English ?

- UK NARIC letter confirmed equivalent UK Standard degree
- Original Degree Certificates and Memorandum of Marks list.

When I'm filling application form there are 2 sections to fill in:
UK NARIC confirmed equivalent UK Standard degree; and = I said Yes here
UK NARIC confirmed that the degree was taught in english. = Is this mandatory as well ?

Do I have to get other certificates from NARIC in addition to the documents what I have?

Thanks,
Hari.

bond.boy203

Re: English Language Assessment - ILR

Post by bond.boy203 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:12 am

check if your degree is recognized in points based calculator for English language requirement. If yes then you don't even need NARIC letter for this.

UK NARIC confirmed that the degree was taught in english.
You can just check yes for the above option if PBC allocates 10 points for your degree english language requirement.

bh.hari.krishna
Newly Registered

Post by bh.hari.krishna » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:51 am

Yes, its recognized on points based calculator. But the problem is Tier-1 option is no more available and hence I have to select Tier-2 and then sponsorship page as 'Yes' and finally my education details are shown up on the calculator (10 points are showing)
Will this still acceptable ?

But according to ILR rules for Tier-1 - For Degree it is 30 points. It looks like there is no proper PBS calculator for ILR !!!

atrang

Post by atrang » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:02 pm

The HO has confirmed that PBS calculator printout as T-2 General showing 10 points for the degree is acceptable.

30 points are for Bachelor's Degree and 10 points are for English Language.

The PBS printout will show the 10 points awarded for English Language which is required by HO to satisfy the KoLL requirement.

bh.hari.krishna
Newly Registered

Post by bh.hari.krishna » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:16 pm

Thanks a lot

sparsh

Post by sparsh » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:43 pm

Check this:
https://www.gov.uk/english-language/degrees-in-english

If your degree was taught or researched in English

You can prove your knowledge of English by having a degree that was taught or researched in English.

You’ll need your original degree certificate and one of the following:
a printout from the points-based calculator with the equivalent level of your degree and the level of English
an original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of your degree, plus an official letter from your university with your name and degree confirming that your degree was taught in English
an original and official certificate from your university confirming the degree was taught or researched in a majority English-speaking country (except Canada)

Krispee427
Newly Registered

Post by Krispee427 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:49 pm

I'm on ancestry visa and applying for IRL - I have my original degree certificates, original UKNARIC certificate certifying equivalent of UK bachelors degree, but only a SCANNED letter from my university confirming that the degree was taught/examined in English - does anyone know if this is sufficient? Advice appreciated, thanks