ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen confusion

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Noz03
European Union

Schengen confusion

Post by Noz03 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:08 pm

This is actually on behalf of a friend who is travelling to Germany next week.

She has a schengen visa "type:C, entries: 2, duration of stay: 15". She has already used one entry for 12 days and would like to visit Germany for 4 days.

To my knowledge the "duration of stay" is the duration of EACH stay, and so she can enter europe one more time for up to 15 days. But I have been searching for hours and can not find this written anywhere and she of course doesn't want to risk overstaying or being rejected at the airport. Does anyone know if I am right that it is 15 days per stay, or 15 days total split over both visits?

liksah

Re: Schengen confusion

Post by liksah » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:53 am

Yes, this is confusing about schengen visas. How long is the validity of the visa for?

The duration of stay on the visa is usually for a 180 day period. So 15 days per 180 days in this case. Standard practice says that they do not issue these visas with validities longer than 6 months in any case. So to put it simply, your friend can only visit for 2-3 days, depending on how calculated the 12 days.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Schengen confusion

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:50 pm

Noz03 wrote:This is actually on behalf of a friend who is travelling to Germany next week.

She has a schengen visa "type:C, entries: 2, duration of stay: 15". She has already used one entry for 12 days and would like to visit Germany for 4 days.

To my knowledge the "duration of stay" is the duration of EACH stay, and so she can enter europe one more time for up to 15 days. But I have been searching for hours and can not find this written anywhere and she of course doesn't want to risk overstaying or being rejected at the airport. Does anyone know if I am right that it is 15 days per stay, or 15 days total split over both visits?
Based on the link below I'd say it's a total of 15 days for both visits, within the from/to validity period mentioned on the visa vignette.

http://www.ambafrance-uk.org/How-to-rea ... Visa,21475

If you want written confirmation Id suggest emailing the schengen visa helpline, they've always been quite prompt in responding when I've had questions in the past. Their email address is Info.Schengen@vfshelpline.com