ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Return of Documents UKBA - Emergency

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

newbie_user
Newly Registered

Return of Documents UKBA - Emergency

Post by newbie_user » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:59 pm

Hi, I applied to Naturalisation in March 2015 and still waiting for the decision from UKBA. Unforturnately, I did not apply through NCS and submitted all the documents through post including my Indian passport and ILR card.

However, I need to travel urgently to India now due to an emergency. I spoke to Indian Embassy today to get emergency travel document and they advised that once I travel using Emergency travel document my current Indian passport will be cancelled. And I should apply for a new passport once I reach India. I am just wondering how this affects my Naturalisation application as the passport with them will be invalidated. Will this cause any problems for my application to be successful?

I also requested return of documents using online form today but its mentioned on the website that it takes 10 working days and I dont have that much time. Any advise would be very helpful, thanks.

The.Watcher

Re: Return of Documents UKBA - Emergency

Post by The.Watcher » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:42 pm

Sadly the lead time they give you on the website is the lead time they can give.

You can try and contact them via phone on 0300 123 2253 and see if they will expedite your request.

Mehjoh
Newly Registered

Re: Return of Documents UKBA - Emergency

Post by Mehjoh » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:55 pm

If your case hasn't been allocated yet, there is no specific person who is required to read the messages sent from the helpline. Explain your situation to your MP and ask him or her to help. I used the online forms and helpline, but nothing worked until I asked my MP. He got it back to me in about 7 working days.